Ohio-Toledo
Options

QOTD 5/17

What do you feel like is the biggest splurge in your wedding budget?
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 5/17

• Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really tried to cut corners everywhere that I could in order to keep costs down.  However, I really wanted a nice dress.  My dress wasn't crazy by other people's standards, but considering that a $99 David's Bridal dress would have been appropriate as well I feel like I went crazy spending about $700.  No regrets though.  My dress was beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Probably the band, but we wanted to add the excitement of live music.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    Sugarsweets04Sugarsweets04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My biggest splurge so far is the money spent on our DJ. Music is such an important part of my life that I didn't want to go with some boring DJ who would play lame music. We called around to a few DJ's and finally went with the guys from Decrorative Sounds. The owner, Michael, was the first DJ I called who actually wanted to sit down with me and the FI to get a feel for the type of music we wanted for our reception. I feel as though $900 is way too much to spend for a DJ, but if it helps make the night that much more memorable, then it will be completely worth it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine was my dress. 

I went several hundred over budget...but it was one of those things that I saw the dress and knew immediately that it was the one.  I actually ordered it sight unseen without ever trying it on.  I had seen it online...and went to Atlas, talked about it, they got my measurments, and we were off!!!

Once it cam in and I got to actually put it on...I fell in love with it even more!  didn't touch it again until my first fitting...and again, as soon as it was on, I fell in love with it AGAIN!!!.

So I'm very happy that I made the decision I did.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Probably photography/videography.  And I don't regret it one bit!  The pictures (and video) are the part of your wedding day that last forever, and I think it's really important to get someone who's really great.  And 97% of the time, the rule "you get what you pay for" applies!! :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kelly,

I've only been to one wedding with a band instead of a DJ and that entertainment was by far better than any wedding with a DJ that I've attended.  I hope it works out that way with your wedding too!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards