Ohio-Toledo
Options

QOTD 6/23

I apologize for being flaky about the QOTD's this week.  My husband is "rebuilding" one of our computers, which really just means it is in pieces and hasnt been touched in a while.  Now our other (also old) computer is being difficult too...

Anyways,

Where is your ceremony and why did you choose that place?
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 6/23

• Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was missing the questions!  haha

Our ceremony will be at the Formal Gardens in the zoo.  We chose it because we wanted a non-religious ceremony and we wanted to keep travelling to a minimum for our guests.

Since our reception is also at the zoo, it just worked out perfectly.  Plus they offer the rain contingency plan, so we're all set!  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were married in Pearson Park.  We definitely did not want a church wedding and the outdoors seemed like a good alternative.  We originally wanted to get married at Wildwood but then we really fell in love with a hall in Oregon.  It seemed much more logical to get married at the Metropark that was right around the corner.  So we ended up at Pearson!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I missed the questions, too!  I almost started one yesterday, but I didn't want to steal it from you.  Though, my post was full of questions, so...yeah. :)

Anywho.  Our ceremony and reception are both at Nazareth Hall.  My only criteria was that I wanted a place where I could have the ceremony and reception at the same place, and the ceremony to be outside.  We looked at a few different places, and weren't very thrilled with any of them.

I actually attended a wedding at NH when we were venue hunting, and we both loved it.  The people we met with were very nice and the bride and groom who had their wedding there raved about everything.  While it isn't the most inexpensive place for a wedding, the pricing was pretty close to other places we looked at.  Also, I am a history dork, and I loved reading about the history of NH...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony was at my church.  We did it at mine and not DH's because he's Catholic and I'm not, and there are stricter rules in the Catholic church.  Our service was "technically" non-religious (used secular music & readings, wasn't the traditional wording/ceremony, etc.), but it was done by a pastor, in a church. 
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The church we picked is First Presbyterian of Maumee. My grandparents have been members there for nearly 40 years. I knew they would really appreciate it and since my grandparents are so well known there, the staff did not mind allowing us to have the ceremony there.

The chapel is big and white and Historic Old Maumee. It will be beautiful. I cannot wait.
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found a picture of it! !!!!
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    St. Michael Church in Ottawa Lake, MI.  I've gone there my entire life.  Religion is very important to both of us, so it was important for us to have the wedding in a church. We used my church and his pastor--it was a good compromise.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are getting married at Rosary Cathedral. It is where my parents and grandparents got married. 

It is gorgeous inside and out. We are so excited!

I was trying to load a picture on here but it wont let me click the "Save" button... The little hand appears for .2 seconds and the disappears.. I feel like I'm playing one of those prank-games... - suggestions, anyone??

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Country Church on the grounds of the Walcott House in Maumee...I am not from Toledo, but my fiance is, but we both live in Harrisburg, PA now, so it has been a challenge to do wedding planning 400 miles from our wedding site, but I found this church online and fell in love with it instantly...its so cute, cozy, intimate, and romantic...just what I envisioned for a wedding....kind of reminds me of the cute little church from A Walk to Remember...I just love that movie! lol
  • Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Regina Coeli in Toledo.  My church (St. Vincent de Paul) closed, and my parents live across the street from Regina Coeli.  My mom started going there after St. Vincent's closed, so it just made sense.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had thought about doing the Wolcott church too.  My friend got married there and it was so different, cool and romatic.  Good choice!

We are doing space 237.  My FI is not religous at all so he did not want a church.  My cousin is marrying us also, becoming ordained, so that was another item.  Plus, we wanted to do something in downtown Toledo, since that is were we met and lived.  I love the sophistication of the art gallery!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Space 237 (July 10!!!). We aren't religious so we didn't want a church. Also, I am an artist and an urban researcher so an urban art gallery will be perfect.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Ladies! At Space 237 where is the dance floor?? Or are you just having the ceremony there?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards