Ohio-Toledo
Options

wedding music and such....

so i ran into a bit of trouble with my musician- he was going to be playing an acoustic gutiar and singing at our wedding, all of a sudden he went off the deep end and cant be reached and became pretty unreliable- so with a wedding in 54 days and counting, i need someone to play at my ceremony. i have my heart set on an acoustic version of a few songs. anyone know of someone who plays/ sings? my dj said that he can play our songs for the ceremony if we needed him too, is that tacky? were getting married outside at schedel gardens in Elmore.

on another note.... i need a cupcake stand:) anyone selling one on here?

Re: wedding music and such....

• Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think having your DJ play the songs is tacky at all if your DJ is experienced with ceremony music and can time it appropriately.  If you have a song for the bridal party entrance and it is over before all of the BM have walked down the aisle, then what?  A live musician can play the chorus again, extend the music just slightly, etc.  Also, if you're DJ just abruptly stops each song after the mothers are seated, bridal party entrance, etc. it will sound very strange too.  I would make sure than your DJ will fade one song into another for a smooth transition.

Other than that, I don't have any recommendations for a guitar player/singer for your ceremony.

If you decide that you are open to string instruments, we used Millenius Strings for our ceremony music and I have nothing but good things to say about them.  FYI, we paid $350 for a trio.

As for the cupcake stand, can you rent one from a local bakery?  Also, I see a lot on ebay when I search "wedding cupcake stand".  They seem kind of pricey for some of the big ones, but you can always just resell it on ebay again after the wedding to recoup some of your money.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My DJ is playing the ceremony music for my wedding. It's not tacky at all. Just go over the details of how long you want the music to stay on. When to stop it, etc..  Most of these guys have been doing this for years and they are pretty talented. I saved myself the headache and hassle of finding someone to play at the wedding by having the DJ do it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't really help you with the music, sorry... but I ordered my cupcake stand from save-on-crafts.com and it was cheaper than renting it from Cake Arts Supply or similar places ($36). It is heavy duty cardboard so it does need decorated, though.

Good luck!
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The DJ could do the music and I'm sure it would be fine! Not tacky at all! 

But if you'd really like to have some live acoustic music, try contacting Chris Shutters.  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chris-Shutters/104045546325478?sk=info

He is really, really, really talented, and a really nice guy.   We had him play an acoustic set at our reception. :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    amw213amw213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you!! i called and left him a message! loved his acoustic songs on you tube!
  • Options
    literarymuseliterarymuse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One thing you may want to watch out for is how well a single acoustic guitar will be heard if you're outdoors. Nature is pretty good about not helping sound to carry. Just watch out for that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I saw a cupcake stand at costco today...but i didnt see how much it was..
  • Options
    amw213amw213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ohhh good!! ill have to run over there and check it out! thanks:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Target also sells them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards