Ohio-Toledo

Bridal Makeup by Natalie

She canceled me the month before my wedding last year. She didn't have me sign a contract, but we emailed back and forth and said she would book my date and I didn't have to do anything except email her again closer to the date to line up a trial. Well, she canceled when I emailed her for the trial saying she had to go out of town for work now. She apologized and said she had a friend that does makeup and emailed me her number, but I declined. I ended up having a friend do mine, but she didn't have time to do my bridesmaids which Natalie was supposed to do as well as mine! I was pretty frazzled since I had to scramble a month before the wedding.

She has good reviews and I'm not saying she does bad makeup. I just want women to realize that if you have a vendor that doesn't do contracts you can certainly have it backfire on you. I didn't have a contract with her because when I asked how I had to book the date and what to do she just said to email her closer to the wedding date. I have all the emails from her with all this info and us going back and forth and her canceling. I gave her a review on wedding wire and she is disputing it saying we didn't have a contract. While this is true technically, I think it is a little unfair since she doesn't do contracts apparently or didn't in the past and she canceled on me so I never paid for her services. It was still a huge hassle and stress that I didn't need. Always make sure your vendors have a contract! Learn from my mistake.

Re: Bridal Makeup by Natalie

• :( That stinks! What did you do?! Did you end up finding a makeup artist?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_bridal-makeup-by-natalie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:f34dc5f4-d841-48f0-99ba-94c407e6c554Post:ee8269e1-3954-4f11-964b-f1abadf38778">Re: Bridal Makeup by Natalie</a>:
    [QUOTE]:( That stinks! What did you do?! Did you end up finding a makeup artist?
    Posted by Spugh1453[/QUOTE]

Yes, luckily a friend of mine does hair in Vegas and is also good with makeup. She offered to do my makeup for free. But she only had time to do my makeup, so my bridesmaids had to do their own. Originally, Natalie was going to do mine and the bridesmaids.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards