Ohio-Toledo

Photographer...A MInds Eye Photography

Has anyone used this photographer or have them booked?

Re: Photographer...A MInds Eye Photography

• MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it bridal show time again?!   hehe.   I only ask because every time a bridal show comes around we seem to get brides asking about them because they all "win" a big discount. 

I have no personal experience with them, but I will tell you that I'm not a fan of their marketing techinques, and I truly believe that you can find better work for the same, or less cost.   That is just my own opinion, however.

Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011
    I strongly suggest not using them.  Last year, we received a $100 coupon off from a bridal affair and met with him.  We just did not feel comfortable in our meeting with him, it seemed really weird.  And the prices seemed very high.  I questioned the board about it and here, everyone from that bridal fair had received that 100 off coupon.  He just seems very shady.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_photographera-minds-eye-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:f886fdcd-1199-4342-ba3c-243442ff5c85Post:1d745514-2b2b-47c8-8fba-2f852980b5ca">Re: Photographer...A MInds Eye Photography</a>:
    [QUOTE]I strongly suggest not using them.  Last year, we received a $100 coupon off from a bridal affair and met with him.  We just did not feel comfortable in our meeting with him, it seemed really weird.  And the prices seemed very high.  I questioned the board about it and here, everyone from that bridal fair had received that 100 off coupon.  He just seems very shady.
    Posted by kellyandtim1[/QUOTE]

This... I only dealt with him over the phone, but he kind of creeped me out.  I contacted him before the bridal show, and my mom went to check out vendors for me. My mom said that he was very rude to her at the show.

But I was creeped out by him and only dealt with him over the phone, so we went with someone else.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Try Lindsay Hoover Photography! Shes so amazing and Cheap!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I know this doesn't answer your question but I thought it may be helpful to you or any other brides looking for a photographer....We have both been married before so when we started planning our wedding we knew what a huge expense a photographer would be, we both agreed that the photos are extremely important since its all you have to remember the day but spending thousands on pictures just didn't seem practical (I spent over $5000 on pictures on my 1st wedding and even though they were gorgeous it was the candid and simple ones that we ended up enjoying more and displaying around the house). So this time I did it right!!!!!

I found a college student who has a true love of photography and just loves taking pictures! She took over 900 pictures, we got them all on a CD so we can print out whatever we want, she also did some cool special effects on some of them. We just got married this past weekend and we already have the pictures! And here's the best part she charged us less than $200 for everything (and that included her coming out to Put-In-Bay for the day for wedding!!!) I would strongly recommend her to anyone! Yes, I admit I was a little uneasy about the idea at first but in the end it was the best decision we made regarding the wedding planning! Her name is Amber Bomyea and she has a facebook fanpage (Amber Bomyea Photography) Hope this helps????
  • edited December 2011

Hi – this is Bill from A Mind’s Eye Photography.  A couple I was talking to yesterday told me about this post. 

Let me start by addressing prices.

Our lowest cost package is our $750 a la carte service which only includes about 3 hours of photography  a low resolution CD and an on line posting, but whatever else you want can be added.  No discounts or gift certificates or coupons apply to this package currently.

Our complete collections start at $1,975.  Every Complete Collection includes an engagement session, a Storybook album, a disc with all of your high resolution pictures, a separate disk with your pictures optimized for viewing on your computer, an on line post of all of your pictures, & normally 2 photographers .  Our most popular collection is $2,475 and includes more hours and a larger Storybook.  Collection #3 is $4,683 with this collection you leave your reception with a selection of your wedding images loaded onto an Ipad.  It also includes 3 photographers and 3 large Storybook albums.  Each of these collections can be customized.  There are also some show specials that will run for the rest of the year.  For a more complete price list call me at the studio or e-mail me through our web site http://www.mindphoto.com

My wife and I started photographing weddings together 23 years ago (Linda still helps out at a few weddings every year).  Over the years we’ve slowly grown and added to our staff which now includes 3 charming, talented, well trained and experienced artists.   Yes artists, my peeps have major league talent & I’m proud of them.  In addition to photographing weddings, it’s my job to keep the 3 of them busy to.  And as you probably know, marketing in this economy is difficult.  For the first 22 years we exhibited in about 5 bridal shows total, relying instead on reputation, referrals and some print advertisements.  In October 2009, last year, we did our first “I DO at the Zoo”.  Since then we have exhibited at every show we can find from Huron,  Sandusky , Findlay, Archbold, Grand Rapids & Monroe, We have also done a few tasting events held by caterers.  Every Gift Certificate we’ve given away in the last year is legitimate and reduces the prices of our complete collections by the amount stated on the certificate.

Every wedding is different.  The best way to develop your unique package is a free consultation. We'd like the opportunity to talk with you about your plans and develop an itinerary for your day.  Based on that itinerary and your personal preferences we'll suggest a collection customized for you. Call the studio today to schedule your free wedding photography consultation.  

• MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bill-
    Vendors are not allowed on these boards, and this type of post is definitely not the way to get more business.

I would recommend deleting. 
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards