Ohio-Toledo

QOTD 7/1

Are you taking your FI's last name?  Was this a difficult decision for you?
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 7/1

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took his last name.  I don't feel defined by my name or anything like that so I wasn't particularly attached to my maiden name.  It just wasn't a big deal to me.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love my last name and have never wanted to change it, so I am keeping it.   
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm still undecided.  At the most I'll hyphenate.  We don't plan on having kids and I'm very attached to my last name, so it wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't, but I know he'd like me too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I cant wait to be Mrs. Goldsmith! :)<3
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mandies2happymandies2happy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love him and can't wait to be Mrs. Swinehart (yep i did say swine as in pig). To have the same last name as FI and our son will be great. I used to be sad about losing my last name. It's a good one lol. I will not longer be Ms. Fox, I'm the last of 3 daughters and the last one who has the Fox name (no son's to carry it on) so i'm sad to see it go but i love him so much i don't think i'll miss it that much :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, I'm taking his last name. Mine is like 9 letters long and starts with Z, so I'm very excited to get to lose 3 letters (his is only 6 letters long) and move up in the alphabet (all the way up to R!) lol
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
    BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
    BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket
  • k22tk22t member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i still haven't decided and it's going on 2 yrs =)   i'll probalby hyphenate it once we have kids.
    Kris....I'm finally a Mrs! 10/11/08
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep.  I'm taking his.  I'm a traditionalist.  I think it makes it more like we're one family and not two separate families.  Plus when we have kids, I think it would confusing that 'mommy doesn't have the same last name.'  Also, when I do change my last name, FI and I will have the same initials. :)  Oh, and like PP said, I get to move up in the alphabet too.  It wasn't a difficult decision at all.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • mandies2happymandies2happy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: QOTD 7/1:
    [QUOTE Also, when I do change my last name, FI and I will have the same initials. :) Posted by catarntina[/QUOTE]

the same thing happened to my sister. She was JAF and married JAP and now she is JAP :) I never realized this happens to so many brides. I'm going from AJF to AJS so I guess i'm pretty happy that my new name won't spell anything naughty ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am taking his last name.  It wasn't difficult for me either.  Although I'm moving down the alphabet from B to S :)
  • nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married before and still have my ex's last name...only because when my kids were younger, they didnt want me to change it.  The kids are older and totally fine with my changing it so I cannot WAIT to take my husbands name!

1st off...I'm German, but have a Mexican last name now.  I'm so sick of telemarketing calls in Spanish, Latino magazines, mail sent in Spanish!!!

2nd...my almost husbands last name is very Italian...it sounds much prettier!! hahaha!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going from MAR (which is also the first three letters of my first name) to MAB. I'm just use to the woman taking the man's last name, it's never crossed my mind not to. If I'll miss anything I'll miss making the comment about my initals being the same as the first three letters of my name, but I can still make jokes about my name spelled backwards (it's in my sig if you want to get the joke).
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I took his last name.  It was tough, honestly.  I was quite attached to my maiden name, but I knew it meant a lot to DH for me to take his name.   I tried to put my maiden name as my middle name when I changed my last name, but they said I had to go through the court systems to allow that.  Boo. :(

I like my 'new' last name just fine, and I'm used to it now, but I do still miss my old last name sometimes.
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011
    I will be taking my fiance's last name.  We are both polish and his last name is actually easier than mine so YEAH!! lol  But it wasn't even something that I questioned nor something that we even talked about...I always knew when I got married, I would be taking my husband's name!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards