Getting in Shape
Options

Workout Accountability: Tuesday

Morning everyone!

Eating and workout went well yesterday, minus slacking off at lunch to have a bagel with my mom, and a tiny bit of after-dinner snacking.  It was our last arm workout for p90x, for which I am THRILLED.

Today is cardio (probably running or cardio x) and yoga stretches.  Oh, and it's 10 days!  Oh my goodness!

How is everyone doing today?  Have a wonderful Tuesday!
Anniversary

Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday

• Options
    @Lobsters - holy whoa! So close! I hope you're keeping it together okay!

Last night I really wanted to get to the gym to do body combat, but I was so exhausted from not getting sleep the night before that it just wasn't going to happen. I managed to go on an afternoon walk with co-workers, but that was the only activity I got. I was below 1200 net calories for the day...not the best idea but I just wasn't hungry either. It was a pretty blah day.

Tonight I'm attending the volunteer showcase of art for the artwork I helped a foster kid create...so I highly doubt I'll be able to make it to the gym like I want to. Hoping for a little activity though!
  • Options
    Workout fail this morning :( I have not been sleeping good and opted to sleep in instead of working out. I'm kicking myself now. Feeling very stressed lately! I am meeting w/ our dessert person tonight to discuss fondant peacock feathers for our cupcakes so maybe I can try and work out after that. I feel like I have gotten no sleep lately so I will probably be too tired ugh! Hope everyone is having a good day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Hey Ladies---

Happy Tuesday!  Today I am super tired!  I worked out for an hour last night and was in bed by 9 but I had a hard time waking up this morning at 7!  I think I am going to start drinking muscle milk to help rebuild and give me a boost in the am.  Food went okay but we need to eat through some stuff before going shopping so we are definitely trying to portion control.

Lobsters: Congrats on the p90x! Thats so awesome!

Mari & en: Have fun tonight! Both those activities sounds awesome!
  • Options
    Hey ladies!

Good day so far...ran 4 miles this morning and then had a veggie scramble and some whole wheat toast (delicious from the Farmer's Market!!)
  • Options
    Good Morning!

Lobsters, you are getting so close!! I'm still SO far away that I can't even imagine!!

Looks like lots of people are tired today, must be something in the water! Last night FI and I went on the trails I discovered on Saturday, so got about 4km of running in and 2km of walking briskly, so that was great! So far, the scale is happy this week.

Tonight there's no exercise on the agenda. We're hanging out wit a couple friends that are moving to another province at the end of the month :( hopefully they'll come back next summer for our wedding!

Goals for today: No carbonated beverages. I'm not sure why, but I just want all things carbonated! Up the water!

Have a good day everyone! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, today just got terrible at work - I basically raised my voice to my boss (in our nice, open, corporate setting.)

I'm now really in the mood to skip my workout and sit in my sweatpants on the couch with wine, candy corn, and shark week tonight.  UGHHHH.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Uh oh!

You know you need that workout though - get those feel good hormones going! Then have your wine after :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi All-

The fitting went well last night, althought I'm going to be dyingggg on the day of the wedding haha. Oh well! :) Its taking a bit but I'll try to upload a picture...

Eating is still off as I'm still recoving from being sick. I'm down an extra 3lbs because of that, but once I get back on track that will be back pretty quickly I'm sure haha. Today I may take a walk, we are in the grind now with 11 days left so I feel like everyday we have something to do for the wedding. Today is getting things ready for the rehearsal dinner. Maybe I'll burn some calories shopping!

• Options
    Scheff, any pictures???  Yay for getting so close to the big day!

Thanks for the suggestions, ladies.  I will push through the workout but might splurge on a homemade whole wheat and swiss grilled cheese or something for dinner.  It sounds comforting already.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    gorgeous!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-tuesday-41?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:0054705e-3c23-42cc-b94f-f3565439949ePost:9f7e106b-2897-4f99-944f-0f5246edcc5a">Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]gorgeous!!!
    Posted by Lobsters25[/QUOTE]

Thank you :) The pictures a little darker on here than it actually is, but you get the general idea!
  • Options
    scheff i freaking love your dress!!!! you look amazing!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    @Lobsters - sorry the work day isn't going well.  But hooray for being so close.  Are you working next week or taking the week off?

@Scheff - beautiful dress.

Food wise going well.  This planning dinners out a week in advance may be a good thing.  Last night we did oatmeal banana chocolate chip pancakes.   Oh so good and 400 calories per serving.  

Workout didn't happen this morning.  My allergies flared up last night and I can't breath today figured I would sleep and let H drive me to work instead of biking.  Hopefully once the meds get in my system I'll be ok and can start working out again.    I was really hoping to be under 160 by the HM but that may not happen.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Hey ladies,

My knees were a little sore from boot camp yesterday and planned on taking the day off today.  After 3 hours back and forth on the phone with my mom to make different wedding decisions, I finally said to her, "I need 30 minutes to go work out.  I'll call you later."  I did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred today and feel so much better!

Question for you - do you always eat your calories burned?  I try not to, but then I wonder if the calorie deficit is hindering my weight loss.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm on vacation this week starting at 5pm today! This of course means a workout fail for the week but hopefully i can keep myself from eating like a total fatty. talk to you all next week! and good luck on your workouts!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-tuesday-41?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:0054705e-3c23-42cc-b94f-f3565439949ePost:76e325d0-622d-4b17-b500-224b188b816f">Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]scheff i freaking love your dress!!!! you look amazing!
    Posted by maribeth721[/QUOTE]

Ahh Thank you!!! I'm having an "I dont know if I love my dress moment" so the feedback is helping! Thank you thank you!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-tuesday-41?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:0054705e-3c23-42cc-b94f-f3565439949ePost:02bee55d-b49f-4950-831d-8aa471a1d47c">Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Scheff, your dress is beautiful, and so are you!  Unrelated to anything, other than I'm feeling extra board-chatty today, I have my maybe final fitting this weekend, and I think I need to actually do my hair and makeup beforehand.  I'm just...not in love with my dress, and I figure if I actually  look good and fancy, instead of "got out of the shower 30 minutes ago), I might like it more. @dawn - do you have a recipe for the oatmeal pancakes?
    Posted by kwitherington[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! I had the same feeling about my dress! I just figured because its getting close and things are finalizing I'm starting to second guess everything. I like the idea of getting all fancied up and trying it on, that will probably help you see "the look", I wish I had thought of that!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-tuesday-41?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:0054705e-3c23-42cc-b94f-f3565439949ePost:5821fe7c-8fc8-478d-98d4-9a3228591c4e">Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]@Lobsters - sorry the work day isn't going well.  But hooray for being so close.  Are you working next week or taking the week off? @Scheff - beautiful dress. Food wise going well.  This planning dinners out a week in advance may be a good thing.  Last night we did oatmeal banana chocolate chip pancakes.   Oh so good and 400 calories per serving.   Workout didn't happen this morning.  My allergies flared up last night and I can't breath today figured I would sleep and let H drive me to work instead of biking.  Hopefully once the meds get in my system I'll be ok and can start working out again.    I was really hoping to be under 160 by the HM but that may not happen.
    Posted by dawnp917[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dawn :)
  • Options
    You and your dress are beautiful Scheff!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @scheff your dress is so beautiful! not sure how you could not love it! i'm sure you'll feel better with your make up and hair done. you're going to look AMAZING!
  • Options

ah, so much to catch up on!

dawn-we're leaving for our destination spot this weekend, but I am working remotely for a few days next week to keep myself busy (and to save a few vaca days)

kw-love that idea!  if you need any makeup product recs, let me know :)

sed - yes, I try to eat at least most back.  if you don't, you aren't giving your body enough fuel to help it burn (sounds weird, but it's just like how your car needs gas to use gas - the burn can't get started without anything to start on)

Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you guys so much!! I think I am just second guessing everything because its getting to be so final now. Its not the dress' fault haha. But thank you everyone, it made me feel so much better to get such amazing feedback :)
  • Options
    kw-you have a PM :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    First that dress is SO gorgeous!!

Second, I think today is going to be a relatively low key for me today.  My feet have gotten torn up recently from various activities (running, beach volleyball, etc.), so I'm going to forego running for today.  I did 45 minutes of pilates this morning and went for a 3 mile walk.  My sister that i don't see too often is coming over for dinner so prob not the healthiest eating day but i'll try to keep it in check! plus a 2 mile walk with my sister around the local park in the evening! so an active off day at least!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-tuesday-41?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:0054705e-3c23-42cc-b94f-f3565439949ePost:a89dec17-4a91-4451-90d9-a4c7bb5c0538">Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday : Actually, yes please!  My general laziness for sourcing makeup artists from 2000 miles away has resulted in me deciding last week to do my own makeup, so I'm playing around with different looks / products over the next few weeks.  Any recs, particularly in regards to eye makeup and mascara, are much appreciated.
    Posted by kwitherington[/QUOTE]

<div>I would definitely take a trip to Sephora or Ulta if I were you. Their return policies are great so if you don't like something you're not saddled down with it.</div><div>
    </div><div>For eyeliner I love my <a href="http://www.sephora.com/long-wear-gel-eyeliner-P270539" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">bobbi brown gel eyeliner</a>. </div><div>
    </div><div>For mascara I just use <a href="http://www.amazon.com/LOreal-Voluminous-Lashes-Mascara-Blackest/dp/B005C48ZG0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1344977450&sr=8-3&keywords=loreal+mascara" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">L'oreal Voluminou</a>s on a daily basis - I'm not a crier though, so not sure how well it holds up to moisture (I can get away with falling asleep with it on and it will still look great the next morning). </div><div>
    </div><div>For eye shadow, I've found that cheap drugstore stuff works absolutely fine, so long as you use a primer on your lid. <a href="http://www.sephora.com/eyeshadow-primer-potion-tube-original-P284716" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Urbay Decay has a wicked awesome primer</a> specifically for eyes. I liked it I just didn't want to plop down the money for it when I already had decent primers already. The primer keeps the shadow/eyeliner in place and prevents "transfer" and "creases" (I was having serious problems with this before I started using a primer). A cheap primer that works decently well is <a href="http://www.amazon.com/LOreal-Paris-Professional-Perfecting-0-5-Fluid/dp/B002PBLH3Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1344977709&sr=1-1&keywords=loreal+primer" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">L'oreal studio secrets magic perfecting base</a> - I use this on a daily basis and have a better primer for special occassions.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm sort of obsessed with eye makeup - I wear eye makeup every day to work.</div>
  • Options
    @Scheff - LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress! You look beautiful!!

Day 2 of Bikram yoga done today and might play tennis with the FI tonight. Wish me luck at my first cake tasting tonight guys! I'm hoping that cake won't make me fall off the wagon! Undecided
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hello,

I am new to this forum, but I am hoping that I can use this to motivate me to keep up with my workouts.  My wedding is next August, but I would like to lose quite a bit of weight before then. 

Anway, today I ran with my fiance.  I ate a healthy breakfast and lunch but blew it at dinner.  (This seems to be a pattern.)

Also, @Scheff, GORGEOUS dress. 

• Options
    Thank you Kaylawing and welcome to the board! The ladies here are AMAZING at helping to keep you motivated and work through any hurdles you may face.

Thank you Akttng07! I really appreciate the feedback! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards