Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Introduction & Question

I just realized these boards even existed and I am so thrilled that they have one just for girls in Dallas! I have been using theknot.com for ideas and suggestions but I am glad I decided to explore the other tabs on the site! 

Here's a little information about my fiance and myself, we got engaged on September 24, 2011 and our wedding is going to take place at the Piazza on February 11,2012. We chose the date since we will be honeymooning on Valentine's Day since our last one was spent in a hospital(you can read my bio if you'd like for all that info as to why!)

I had a few questions so hopefully some of you can help me!
1.I am wondering if anyone of you used an individual(or company) exclusively for makeup? I would prefer to have air brush makeup applied and I do NOT want to look my face is painted, I rarely wear makeup and don't feel I need it caked on. I have a hair stylist that I use on a regular basis that has taken the day off to do my hair so that is why I am only asking about makeup.
2.What is the norm for bridesmaids? For example, what is "kosher" for my fiance and I to take care of as far as finances go? I am just trying to decide what, if any, expenses should be covered by us? Such as their dresses, shoes, day of pampering, etc.

Thank you all in advance for your help!Smile

Re: Introduction & Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! :-)

I had someone that I used just for makeup and she did airbrush.  Her name is Lynn Eason. (www.divineinspirationsmakeup.com) I absolutely loved her!

I paid for hair and makeup for my bridesmaids, but you are not expected to do that unless you are requiring them to get it done.  I wasn't requiring it, but I just wanted to do something nice for them.  I also bought their jewelry.  They bought their own dresses and shoes.

Hope that helps!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Congrats and welcome!
    2. I am using Angie Williams for makeup and hair, and she does airbrushing.
    3. The bridesmaids stuff is really up to you, although it's pretty unkind to pick a $300 bridesmaid dress and insist all your girls buy it.  I bought them some robes for the day of, and I am paying for their makeup.
    Anniversary

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Congrats--LOVE the Piazza!
    2.  I used Kristin Colaneri for my hair and airbrushed makeup and I absolutely loved her.
    3.  Unless you are requiring your BMs have their hair/makeup professionally done, you don't have to pay for it, although it is a nice gesture.  I paid for my BMs hair/makeup, day of jewelry, and wraps.  They bought their dresses and I let them choose their shoes.  I also treated them to lunch and a spa day the day before as their gift.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. I'm of no help, my MUA doesn't do airbrush.
    2. I agree with PPs, it's up to you.  I didn't require my BMs to have hair/make-up done professionally, so none of them did.  They paid for their own dresses and shoes.  I didn't pay for any of it.  I didn't choose an expensive BM dress (in fact, they chose the dress).   I did get them a very nice gift, though.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what color you want your BM dresses to be, but if I had it to do over, I would have let my girls choose whatever black dress they wanted and wear that.  I have seen girls do this since my wedding and it looks great and now they wouldn't both have a satin champagne dress that they will never wear again hanging in their closet.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_introduction-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:1abd2c28-786b-4c19-817a-a8196b7217f3Post:ccb28bd6-4717-4e25-b5fa-77c36bf9de48">Re: Introduction & Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know what color you want your BM dresses to be, but if I had it to do over, <strong>I would have let my girls choose whatever black dress they wanted and wear that</strong>.  I have seen girls do this since my wedding and it looks great and now they wouldn't both have a satin champagne dress that they will never wear again hanging in their closet.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I did, and I loved the way it turned out - and they were all thankful to have a dress that fit "them" and their body types.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My MUA was Amanda Hugdahl with AH makeup artistry and I really like her & my makeup. I paid for my girls to get touch up only makeup, which is everything but their foundation, which they do themselves. That made it only $40/bridesmaid. She does airbrush too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_introduction-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:1abd2c28-786b-4c19-817a-a8196b7217f3Post:ceb88cd1-b9ec-4a40-9e0d-636a6647cda6">Re: Introduction & Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]My MUA was Amanda Hugdahl with AH makeup artistry and I really like her & my makeup. I paid for my girls to get touch up only makeup, which is everything but their foundation, which they do themselves. That made it only $40/bridesmaid. She does airbrush too!
    Posted by TexanTreasure08[/QUOTE]

This.  I used Amanda both as a bride and as a bridesmaid a few weeks ago.   Everyone looked wonderful both times. :)

I paid for my BM's hair, makeup, and jewelry. They bought their dresses and shoes. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have nothing to add except yay another Feb 11 girl :D
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    LoverBean27LoverBean27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought all my BMs shoes... which was costly because I have 10.... but I wanted them to all wear the same shoe so I felt more obligated to buy than anything... I recently bought cute little make up bags I am going to give them and fill it up with some necessity make up before the big day (so it doesn't spoil) and am paying for $10 of their hair so that is evens out to what they would pay anywhere else. I will provide lunch the day of too
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Hannah0320Hannah0320 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much!! I have emailed the suggestions mentioned above and I have a much better idea about how I am going to "treat" my bridesmaids!:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't want to hijack your thread, but I have some questions that might be relevant!

Like the OP, I don't normally wear makeup and I wouldn't want to look like I was painted. I have heard people talk about airbrush makeup and how it stays on and looks "natural" - but I am getting conflicting info online about whether airbrush makeup lets your skin "breathe" or whether you'll break out really badly the next day (which I am hoping to avoid - my skin isn't the best to begin with!).

So, personal experiences? Reassurances? Horror stories? I'd never even heard of airbrush makeup until I read about it on the forum here. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_introduction-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:1abd2c28-786b-4c19-817a-a8196b7217f3Post:950c7db5-250a-488d-b8fc-92db5d6561a5">Re: Introduction & Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't want to hijack your thread, but I have some questions that might be relevant! Like the OP, I don't normally wear makeup and I wouldn't want to look like I was painted. I have heard people talk about airbrush makeup and how it stays on and looks "natural" - but I am getting conflicting info online about whether airbrush makeup lets your skin "breathe" or whether you'll break out really badly the next day (which I am hoping to avoid - my skin isn't the best to begin with!). So, personal experiences? Reassurances? Horror stories? I'd never even heard of airbrush makeup until I read about it on the forum here. :)
    Posted by selie22[/QUOTE]

Girl, I neeeever wear makeup, and I LOVED the airbrush look.  A good makeup artist will make you as comfortable as you can be in makeup.  I had my makeup done at MAC for my engagement pictures, and I felt like I was wearing ten pounds of foundation (they use some seriously stage-quality stuff).  Then I got an airbrush trial from my MUA and it was so light and pretty!  I totally loved it!
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_introduction-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:1abd2c28-786b-4c19-817a-a8196b7217f3Post:950c7db5-250a-488d-b8fc-92db5d6561a5">Re: Introduction & Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't want to hijack your thread, but I have some questions that might be relevant! Like the OP, I don't normally wear makeup and I wouldn't want to look like I was painted. I have heard people talk about airbrush makeup and how it stays on and looks "natural" - but I am getting conflicting info online about whether airbrush makeup lets your skin "breathe" or whether you'll break out really badly the next day (which I am hoping to avoid - my skin isn't the best to begin with!). So, personal experiences? Reassurances? Horror stories? I'd never even heard of airbrush makeup until I read about it on the forum here. :)
    Posted by selie22[/QUOTE]

I don't usually wear any foundation or anything and I was very happy with the airbrush makeup.  It felt like I was wearing nothing and my skin didn't break out at all afterwards.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards