Getting in Shape

Workout Accountability: Wednesday

Good morning!

I lifted yesterday and did the elliptical.  My legs felt so heavy though, and my workout seemed tougher than usual.  I think I was just tired. 

Tonight will be a kickboxing dvd when I get home since I can't get to the gym and it'll be too late to run when I get home.  

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Workout Accountability: Wednesday

• I made it to spin class this morning... and she kicked our butts!  Holy moly I thought I was going to fall off the bike.  I'm so glad I got my workout out of the way first thing this morning, there's NO WAY I would have been able to work out after work as hard as I did this morning.
  • I was really sore when I woke up this morning. I haven't had a day off since last Wednesday so I decided to rest this morning instead of working out. I know days off are important but missing a day makes me crazy with worry. I have been wondering though if I should add on calories for days that I lift and don't do cardio? I'm not sure if weight lifting or strength training qualifies as burning calories like cardio would. Do you guys add on calories for days that you lift? I just want to make sure I'm eating enough. Thanks!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Workout fail last night.  99.9% positive that I have a sinus infection.  I have some antibiotics stashed away so I started those and I'm slowly starting to feel normal.  Last night it felt like a sledgehammer going through my face, so there was NO way I was going to work out.  Luckily, I ate pretty healthy throughout the day so it wasn't a total loss.  I'm hoping to go tonight.... I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I always feel fine until the afternoon and then BAM the pain hits like a Mack Truck.  
  • I'm still sore from Monday's upper body routine.  Last night was a lower body workout with stretch bands followed by an ab workout, and it was really challenging.  I think tonight is the same workout, and I'm hoping that I get through it better than I did last night.

Sorry you're sick lbarr!  Hope it goes away soon!
  • Monday night I didn't get much sleep, so yesterday was pretty painful...but I still made it to the gym and got 40 minutes on the ellptical and 20 minutes of weight lifting. I also did an insane amount of crunches and reaally felt that!

Glad I made it to the gym, was hoping it would make me more tired and exhausted so I could just fall asleep last night but it didn't. I think I need to talk to my doctor about my issues with sleeping...
  • Ugh, sinus infections are the worst! Hope it goes away soon, lbarr.

I did my 2nd day of C25K last night, plus an iFit workout that came with our treadmill. Then I did Ripped in 30. I am moving up to Week Four tonight for Ripped in 30 and probably doing the iFit workout again. It was a lot of incline work which really pushed me. I enjoyed it.

Have a great day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • lbarr- stay well!
    maribeth- I would focus on adding extra protein on weight lifting days.  Yeah, the calories might go up a little bit, but not by like 100's.  Enjoy your rest day (and if you're feeling super guilty, do a 30 minute yoga routine to get your blood flowing while still being nice to your joints!)
  • I was up way too late last night and didn't sleep well, so I skipped my 7am spin class :( i hate doing that, but sleep is just as important.

@maribeth - i agree w/ PP who mentioned protein, even on cardio days I make sure to eat a lot of protein anywyas, but on lift days make sure you're eating protein at every meal.
    Photobucket
  • FI and I did our walk again this morning in the uber gnarly strong wind.  I'm now thankful that the roads are still a little muddy or else we would have been in a dust storm.  We walked a little farther today and estimate we did 2 miles total.  I did my toning routine and added a few extra reps.  I'm still sore each day so unti that changes, I think I'm good.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hope you feel better lbarr!

maribeth, ditto what medic said.  I try to eat some more lean proteins on days that I lift. And I don't remember seeing an update from you, but did you try out your lifting circuit yet?  
  • edited February 2012
    Yes! I did a circuit routine on Sunday. It was definitely different, since I am used to doing just straight cardio. I was pretty sore the next couple of days so I really think I got a good work out in. I was breathing heavy so I know I was getting my heart rate up. I am trying to work in a circuit training day to my weekly routine. Thanks for all the tips about the protein ladies!

p.s. get well soon lbarr!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • kpdorrkpdorr member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I haven't posted in a few days becasue we went to a spa for the weekend and for the first time EVER I actually used a hotel's fitness facilities! This was definitely a good thing as a made a pig of myself the rest of the weekend!

Yesterday I ran 3 miles and today I think I will run 4 or 5! It has been sunny here in upstate NY- I can't complain!

ETA: I ran 6.2!! My farthest in a long time!! I started sunny and turned rainy! It was kind of a mess but I did it!!
  • Headed to boot camp class in a few minutes! Keep up the hard work ladies!!
  • Spin this morning before work.  Plus a concerted effort to climb the stairs in my building once a day.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Just finished Insanity for today. 

I came to a realization today.  I was so frustrated because I felt like none of the workouts were getting easier (in fact, a lot of the times they feel harder), and it made me feel like I wasn't accomplishing anything.  Then, today, I realized "They're not getting easier because I'm working harder and pushing myself harder!"

So they ARE getting easier, because i'm able to do more, faster, for longer.  And I am--without even realizing it.  So now I'm pretty pumped, because I realized tonight (while I did the full 30 seconds of moving pushups the third time through for the first time) that I'm getting so much stronger and improving my endurance a ton.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards