Getting in Shape

Tips to stay on track once fiance comes back from deployment

For the past year my fiance has been deployed.  With all my free time I have been able to schedule exercise classes M-F after work.  I have lost weight and have gotten really toned!  My fiance comes home in six weeks and I couldn't be happier.  But with him being home, I feel kind of guilty being gone five nights for exercise classes and not getting home until 930 at night.  Should I cut out some classes during the week or what?  He's the kind of guy who lounges at night and still keeps his shape.  Pilates is my passion but have a bad feeling I won't get around to it if he is laying on the couch watching a movie, I will want to be laying there with him.  How do I balance wanting to spend time with him but still staying in shape???
Mrs. Sarah Benson

Re: Tips to stay on track once fiance comes back from deployment

• That's a tough one.

I know i would be less than motivated to go to the gym.  Heck, i get in most of my workout time before my husband gets home from work because it's hard to do it when he's home. I'd rather be with him.

The best advice i can offer is to schedule everything out and try to find a balance.  Maybe only do the late night classes a few times a week and find another activity to do on "Fi night".  Something that allows you to be home earlier.  Heck, maybe your FI would enjoy taking walks with you.

Don't give up on your health and fitness.  But your relationship health is important too.
  • find earlier classes, have him come with you 2x per week, find alternative activities (bike rides, etc)
    talk to him. tell him your concerns, and what you'd like to accomplish.  If he's any kind of a good fiance - he'll be supportive and help you find solutions =)
  • Buy some pilates DVDs and do them at home.  I like class better, too, but sometimes I'd just rather hang out with FI, so I'll do the DVDs in the next room so we don't feel too far apart
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Thanks for the great ideas everyone!!
    Mrs. Sarah Benson
  • Maybe you can get him to come with you once a week and get him to "Show you" some weight training exercises.  I agree with the walks too!  A 30 or 40 min walk with my Fi is always my favorite conversation time, so much better than vegging out to the TV with him!  This sounds like a really reasonable concern, I'm sure he would also want you to stay in shape.  Talk to him, he might have some great suggestions for stuff you could do together too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards