Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

SA Wednesday

We survived our first night in the hood last night. McFly was scared out of his mind with the storm, since we were never really exposed to storms in the apartment. H said he was on his side of the bed with his chin on the bed next to H's head all night. Poor dog, first night in a strange house and those awful thunderstorms, and our power went out for a couple of hours, too.

I'm still a little creeped by our neighborhood, and until the security guy comes tomorrow I probably won't be at ease.

Re: SA Wednesday

• Options
    Carrie, is your new place really in the hood? Haha. Were you guys just not aware of it before, or were you just willing to take a gamble?

We got our A/C fixed yesterday (yay!) and I finally ordered my BM's robes. Thank goodness. FI has been working until 9 every night this week and I'm thnking tonight is going to be the same. Dumb reserves season. :(
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Um yeah it's pretty much in the hood. It was a decent area before Katrina, but there were a lot of cheap apartments so it invited a lot of riff-raff. Well, those apartments have all been torn down and replaced with newer ones, but it's still hood-ish.
    Our little pocket where our house is, is actually pretty cute, but it's SURROUNDED by hood.

And we knew when we moved in, we just wanted to save as much money as possible our first year and get out of the debt we incurred when H moved to LA to go to film school.
  • Options
    OMH's - Did you take your birth certificate to the DMV to get your name changed? I have no idea where mine is. And I bought a plane ticket in my married name for October to put a little fire under me. So yeah, I need to get this taken care of.
  • Options
    I'm so far behind at work and see no light. Who ever in corporate that made this plan-o-gram schedule should be shot. How the hell do they think we can get 2 weeks worth of work done in one week and still take care of our customers. Not mention all the other manager duties I have to complete. I really need to be working a 12 hour day but feel that my other associates should pick up the slack and work a little harder during their shift. So I'm just going to work my 9 hour day and crack that whip for those only working 4-5 hour shifts.
    On another note. Loved the storms last night but did not love the fact I heard them and didn't sleep much.

Carrie- stay safe in the hood.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I have a terrible sinus headache.  Loving the weather, but my sinuses aren't.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The storm made me sleep so well!! Poor McFly though.

Erica - The robe idea is so cute!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-101?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:1bc2a72e-4c8a-478c-86b7-4d4c982c7da9Post:134a9013-b927-44e4-96ac-a579112609da">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMH's - <strong>Did you take your birth certificate to the DMV to get your name changed</strong>? I have no idea where mine is. And I bought a plane ticket in my married name for October to put a little fire under me. So yeah, I need to get this taken care of.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

No, I just took my new SS card, current ID and marriage license. I think you only need to take your birth certificate if all you have is expired identification. As long as your license or other picture ID is current, you're good :)
  • Options
    Carrie, I feel ya. Sadie was pretty much sharing my pillow last night she was so scared. Luke on the other hand could have slept through a tornado- he was out like a light. 
    Erica- did you get the PlumPretty Sugar robes? I Love those things! I was scouting out their lingerie and am thinking of making a birthday gift suggestion to DH. 

Interview went well :) I have a feeling I might be overqualified though :( I guess we will see! Thanks for the good vibes ladies. 
  • Options
    Amanda, no, I ordered them through Etsy through the vendor SilkandMore. She was quite a bit cheaper, but they're still super cute! I do love Plum Pretty Sugar though. :) Glad to hear that the interview went well! Fingers crossed!

Guys, I am soooooooo bored today. I don't know what the deal is. I have plenty of work to do but I just can't focus. I'm even bored of looking at SMP and that never happens. Someone tell me a story. Please?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    cwaggoner07cwaggoner07 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    Erica all I can say is I felt that way the entire time we were engaged, like I couldn't ever focus. I'm just now getting back into the groove of work.
    Also one of my friends/acquaintances just got published on SMP either today or yesterday, Kelli and Noah in Austin.
    Holy big beautiful expensive wedding.
  • Options
    Carrie - Haha, that makes me feel a little better. Usually I'm pretty good though. I'll make goals of what I need to do throughout the day and take little breaks to do WR stuff. However, today I don't feel like doing ANYTHING - WR or NWR aka actual work. It's really lame. I think it might be partially the weather and partially the fact that I worked through my lunch and am starting to get cabin fever.

Wow, that wedding was super pretty! I feel like having your wedding featured on SMP would be the equivilent of winning gold in the olympics. Maybe that's just me though.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I had 4 friends get engaged this week. Actually they are DH's friends, and he's wanting to drive all over the country for their weddings....I don't do road trips. I have a stackfull of dramamine for a reason. He's either going to have to come up with a lot of money or miss out.
    Carrie where did you guys move to? New Orleans?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-101?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:1bc2a72e-4c8a-478c-86b7-4d4c982c7da9Post:a00dd4bf-c021-444e-8852-742519688e32">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had 4 friends get engaged this week. Actually they are DH's friends, and he's wanting to drive all over the country for their weddings....I don't do road trips. I have a stackfull of dramamine for a reason. He's either going to have to come up with a lot of money or miss out. Carrie where did you guys move to? <strong>New Orleans?</strong>
    Posted by roseofdeborah[/QUOTE]

Ha, no, but interestingly enough, it's one of the most concentrated areas of Katrina refugees in Dallas...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards