Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

AW Thursday

My bridal books came in yesterday! I ordered 2, and will give my parents theirs this weekend. YAY!

Re: AW Thursday

• Options
    Yay!

My sister is coming to visit me!  And I get paid tomorrow!  Which is actually bittersweet, because it's my last PISD paycheck.  Which means the next paychecks for however long we're here are going to be significantly less than what I used to make.  =(  When I got my contract I remembered why there was a time that I wanted to just be an education lobbyist.  And I hate lobbyists.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Amanda, just remember, cost of living.
    My sister bought a house back in our hometown and it's a cute little 1000 square foot 2 bedroom for 30K!!!! That's a down payment here in Dallas.
    I was like, um WHAT??? when she told me. But then I remembered that's how things work in smaller towns.
  • Options
    Yayy for bridal books and cheaper living! :)

Umm...24 hours from now I will be on a plane to VEGAS with the bestest friend a girl could ask for, to be followed by several others. I'm so excited!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Have a blast in Vegas, ejheart! 

We put down a deposit for month-of coordination today (with Jen from Altar Ego). I really enjoyed meeting her during our initial consultation, and I'm thrilled to have finally made a concrete wedding decision!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay for bridal books and paychecks and wedding planners. I have nada absolutely nothing. Oh school starts next week and my baby is a senior. Oh how I'm getting old. Ok that's not really an AW!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    cwaggoner07cwaggoner07 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    Stitch - LOVED her. Like, seriously, loved. I wish I had her for month-of and not just day-of!

ETA: Have fun this weekend Erica!!!!
  • Options
    Have fun in Vegas!!!! What a great weekend to go! 

I am so saddened to see what happened to Chapelle de Fleurs. I wonder if there are any other venues in the area that might step up to help. September/October is the busiest time for weddings too. Frown Not sure about airing all that dirty laundry though. 

Carrie- so exciting about the bridal books and what a great idea to give one to your parents too! I think I might do this since I FINALLY have the full res copy of my bridals (4 months later) .

Stitch- Jen is awesome- congrats on the check! 

Kt- yay for her senior year! My oldest boy that I tutor is a Junior this year- I can't believe how time flies! 

I am getting a bike today (yay!). I found a great deal on CL so I just went for it. DH's birthday is coming up and I am trying to find one for him too. Now I just have to think of something else to surprise him with.

Amanda- As Carrie said, cost of living. Looking at what our house budget would buy in Abilene made me have so much house envy. But then.. why would I want to move back to a place where Walmart is the only thing open after 11pm? 
  • Options
    Cost of living is one thing, but teachers in OK get paid a pittance.  A fraction of a pittance.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Amanda - I just bought a $10 groupon for a 20 page Shutterfly book, so not a super-nice album, but something for them to have (um and I may have bought another for myself).
     I think we are going to shell out the big bucks for wedding albums for Christmas (which SUCKS since H has two sets of parents, which means 3 pricey albums).
  • Options
    Iust thought I would share this link- it is hard to find honest photo book reviews (and books that don't cost $300+).  I think I might do the first book shown here (adoramapix):  http://thedailydigi.com/12-different-photobook-printer-reviews/

Hopefully it is a good compromise for the super expensive photo books. 
  • Options
    We were going to buy albums for both sets of parents as thank-you gifts, and then MIL jumped the gun on me and ordered and received a "parent book" from Stefanie before we even got our album.  Ha.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Gawd I should not have had 3 margaritas during our company 'meeting.' I need to work late!
  • Options
    Did someone say margarita?!!! I think I need one or 2 of those. Man did I have day, I was soooo crabby today. It was so bad I cut out of work early before I chocked someone. Thank goodness I'm off tomorrow.
    I'm spending my evening on Pinterst.... mindless pinning..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards