Getting in Shape
Options

Workout Bracketology?

So I was thinking that I'm going to need to fill out my men's NCAA brackets soon, and then thought about how it would be fun to extend that.  H and I love to do brackets for everything, because we're lame.  Like on roadtrips, we come up with how we would seed our favorite 90s tv shows.

Anywayyy, would anyone be up for some workout bracketology?  I'm happy to set it up if people want to play.  My inital thoughts are a certain exercise with number of reps for if you win vs. lose.  It would, hopefully, become increasingly difficult as the rounds progress.

And, if no one else is a pretend basketball fan for the month of March, then I guess I'm on my own :)
Anniversary

Re: Workout Bracketology?

• Options
    Another thought...we could straight up scratch the basketball if no one would pay attention, and just do simple workout bracketology in honor of the month (like pushups vs situps in one bracket - most votes wins, and whatever makes it as the winner, we all have to do)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Uhm...I have no clue what braketology is? If you explain it a little better I'd probably be game!
  • Options
    Intriguing.. 
  • Options
    Entropic, it's basically set up like giant playoff brackets - see example: http://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-tournament/NCAA-Tournament-Printable-Bracket-2013.pdf

We could either have everyone fill one out for the 2013 teams (it really is a guessing game for the most part), and attach workouts to each win/loss, or setup a bracket like this with all different exercises (broken into the divisions by type of workout) where the workout with the most votes moves on
    Anniversary
  • Options
    If someone else sets it all up, I'm down!
  • Options
    Loooooove March Madness. But I also grew up in Syracuse where college basketball is a way of life. I'll play!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Umm I'm in... Work will be slow this week and next.
    I am not a huge bball fan but loving O-town as much as I do, I will go for the Magic! 

Getting Hitches 08/09/2014

• Options
    I will play!  Just tell me what I need to do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Given the lack of basketball-watching and confusion between ncaa and nba, maybe we'll just do a workout bracket in honor of the season. :)  (CNF - are you going to miss the Big East?  My best friend is a Cuse alum, and H is Pitt, so it's all I've known for the past few years!)

That said, how should we break out the divisions (and then we can pick workout #1 seeds)?
    Cardio can be one group, but what else?  Upper body, lower body, core?  It could be rough to come up with 16 core workouts.  Body weight, free weights, machines, dvd/online video?  Could also be rough for people who don't go to the gym or despise at home workouts.  I have the template ready to go, so shout out your ideas, please! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Still not sure how it all works, but I think it's important to make sure that anything can be accomplished at home OR at a gym KWIM?
  • Options
    KWITH!!!
    YOU WENT TO GONZAGA?!!?!! 

You're a Washingtoniaaaaannnnnnnn ;) I'm so pleased :P haha
  • Options
    I like the idea of just pitting workouts against each other and then using the generator. No need to confuse non basketball fans. 

And yes, Lobsters, I will miss the Big East. We went to the Georgetown game the other week (where they stomped us, so embarrassing). I'd looove to go to the Big East tournament this year, but it doesn't look like it'll be the budget considering the tickets are outrageous to see Cuse at what is basically a home game for the last time. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    This isn't that helpful of a post from me, but i wanted to say that i love this idea.  though as a ncaa basketball fan i'm sad at the lack of love here for it, jk.  i know it's not everyone's thing. 

I'm definitely in for whatever iteration of this comes to pass though, great idea!
  • Options
    Maybe I did and just forgot... Yessss I'm glad you approve of WA. :) What's your degree in?
  • Options
    Gonzaga!!!  I remember when they first started becoming a repeat name in the tourney, I thought it sounded like the coolest school ever, so I always ended up rooting for them.

FTL, can I have love?  I tried to move to the new company we bought located 15 min outside of Seattle, but work said no.  But I TRIED to be a Washington resident, I really tried!

Okay, I will work on bracket this weekend.  Looking forward to the fun!  If anyone has exercises or challenges they want to make sure are in there, or votes for #1 seeds, let me know!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    haha awww boo to that company Lobs! You would have made a kickass Seattlite ;) You get love for rooting zags, anyway :) I [obviously] root Univ. o' Washington Huskies first, but I root all WA teams overall... really all the PNW (except the ducks.. F--- the Ducks) 

YAY March Madness and working out combined! 
  • Options
    haha awww boo to that company Lobs! You would have made a kickass Seattlite ;) You get love for rooting zags, anyway :) I [obviously] root Univ. o' Washington Huskies first, but I root all WA teams overall... really all the PNW (except the ducks.. F--- the Ducks) 

YAY March Madness and working out combined! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards