Getting in Shape
Options

NGISR: How much notice should I give my employeer?

Hi Ladies,I am moving to RI sometime in November, as some of you may know. How much notice do you think is reasonable to give them since I know so early in advance? I would like to be able to tell my boss that if she picks the person, I will be more than happy to train that person so she doesn't have to worry about it. Two weeks doesn't seem fair because I know that we're leaving now. However, I don't want to give too much notice incase they get upset and can me...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NGISR: How much notice should I give my employeer?

• Options
    Oops..Employer*
  • Options
    I like employeer, especially since it's a she. I don't know, 1.5-2 months?
  • Options
    How long have you been there? If you've been there for a long time and they really depend on you, I would give a month. I wouldn't give them any more than that because if they find someone else they could easily let you go. In this economy, they won't have a problem finding a replacement. Of course, I have no idea what you do!
  • Options
    In November, I would have been here 1 year. They definitely depend on me. Sigh. Tough call here. Thanks for your help! =)
  • Options
    What is your job?
  • Options
    I am a receptionist for a CPA firm. However, I do tax return binders as such. Since November is just before tax season, I would hate to give them little time because we are most busy during that time of the year and the new person would need a lot of training.
  • Options
    Well, if it makes you feel better, you can give them 2 months. It's nice that you respect them and like them enough to be concerned. However, as someone who has been on the other end of layoffs, if they needed to cut corners, they wouldn't hesitate to let you go. 
  • Options
    BTW your new siggy pic is adorable! But I didn't "recognize" you at first, like when annakate switched hers... interwebs does weird things to my brain.
  • Options
    Thanks tvroybal! =)
  • Options
    Codi where in RI are you moving?  Glad you will be joining the Ocean State :)  I am in Warwick.I love it here, moved here about 5 years ago and just never left!
  • Options
    I just moved from RI to Boston! I loved my employer and felt sad to leave. I gave 2 months notice and I think they really appreciated it because I was able to train my replacement.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! We are not sure what town we are going to live in yet actually. We're actually flying out to RI next week to pick a town to live in! I am sooo excited!!!I'll probably give 4-6 weeks notice. I respect them enough to not just up and leave.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards