Getting in Shape
Options

WW

It seems a lot of girls are on WW. How do you like it?  Is it working for you?I just joined the online program on Monday and so far so good, but I have a  20 lb goal to meet by my wedding (Oct 24) and I'm not sure WW will get me there. Any thoughts?

Re: WW

• Options
    I love ww...when I first started a couple of years ago, I lost 20 pounds in 2 months..of course I was 200 pounds then and had a lot to lose, but it worked for me and still does to this day.
  • Options
    I'm currently doing WW and i love it. It's been about 4.5 months and i've lost 29.6 lbs so far. It's definitely been working for me. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    For me, I'm not sure the online-only program would work.  I need to be held accountable by the scale at the meetings and if I have lost weight that week, I want to be able to brag about it!  I have 30 pounds that I want to lose before my wedding (Oct 3rd) which I don't think is do-able in the short time I still have left.  However, I am going to try to lose as much of it as possible and lose the rest after the honeymoon!
  • Options
    I've done weight watchers on and off for years. Obviously no diet can flat out promise a certain amount of weight loss, but if you follow the plan, WW is definitely a great diet. It's by far the easiest and least restrictive diet to follow, and really helps you visualize what are good choices and what are bad. Things start to really hit home when you're looking for a snack and realize that for the same amount of points, you can have either 2 cookies or a giant bowl of popcorn.It's an easy diet to work into your every day life, you just need to make an effort to know what's coming at you each day and plan accordingly. I've done both online and meetings, and have found both to be successful, but I did meetings before I ever did online, so I had that background going into it. If you can, the meetings are definitely worth it, but online works very well too.You have to commit yourself to really working the program, but there's a lot of support to be had here and also on the WW message boards. Do yourself a favor and take the time to research your favorite foods and recipes on the site - they have a ton of recipes and can turn your favorites into more WW friendly meals. That way, you really won't feel like you're denying yourself anything, which I find essential to succeeding on a diet.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    I love WW, because you really don't have to cut anything out of your diet... you just have to decide if it's worth eating or not. Try not to set an exact pound goal for your wedding... just work as hard as you can at the program and your body will lose what it is capable of losing by your wedding date. Also, I highly suggest going to meetings. For a lot of people (including myself), the accountability is a must.
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards