Getting in Shape
Options

Motivation

I need some sort of motivation.  I am a runner & have always worked out but for some reason I have feel into a funk.  I always work out in the the morning b4 work bc there is no way I can do it in the evenings with my kids schedules, dinner & everything else.  I wake up every morning @ 5:30am and tell my self to get out of bed to go run or go to the Y but I never do.  I really need to get into a schedule. Any suggestions?  I already heard the pretend your bed is on fire to get out of it & it does not work.

Re: Motivation

• Options
    We have a post morning accountability that people say if they got up and worked out. It has helped me to get going. I know there is another knottie who says she tells herself to get up and workout for 5 minutes and if she is still not into it she can go back to bed. I have done this myself. It helps to get you up and going. Most of the time I keep working out but I have gone back to bed.
  • Options
    I know there is another knottie who says she tells herself to get up and workout for 5 minutes and if she is still not into it she can go back to bed. I have done this myself. It helps to get you up and going. Most of the time I keep working out but I have gone back to bed.I tried it when she gave me the same suggestion and it works for me.
  • Options
    I also run in the mornings, and I definitely play mind games with myself.  Here are some things that work for me:- Getting out of bed, brushing my teeth, putting in my contacts, and putting on my shoes.  Once the shoes are on, I always continue to the gym!- I'll set the alarm on my phone and put it in the bathroom.  Once I'm in there, I figure I might as well keep getting ready and go work out.- I'll ask myself what will make me feel better at the end of the day: a few more minutes of sleep or a run.  The run wins, hands down.Hope that helps!  I know how you feel!
  • Options
    http://www.ediets.com/news/NewsArticle.jsp?id=600020I just read this article today, I hope it helps a bit. I really like tothe fact that she put a coffe maker next to her alarm clock, but it won't help you if you don't drink coffee!!! Best, alpha
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advise even thou it did not help me get up today.  I woke up again @ 5a.m. & could not get my arse out of bed.  I am going to try to do it tomorrow.  I think I am going to ask my sister if she wants to run in the morning mayb that will help me get out of bed.  Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards