Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Hi, All!

Just wanted to say hi! I've been on the boards for a little while, but I've been kind of a lurker, so I just thought I'd bite the bullet and put myself out there! Plus, I just spent ages trying to figure out my signature (putting a space between quotes and pictures should NOT be that difficult, haha). and now I finally feel presentable, as it were. If you have any questions, just ask...I don't really plan on having a planning bio, specifically, but I was toying with the idea of starting a blog to help keep me sane between wedding planning and professional school. We'll see how it goes!
"Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired." ~Robert Frost Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hi, All!

• edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! Do you have a venue? Proposal story? Any vendors? Colors? Inquiring/nosy minds want to know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • aggiebugaggiebug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanna know what kind of professional school you are in? especially since I see Aggie in your SN :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • AuburnAggieAuburnAggie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, no! I really don't have much, other than my (hopeful!) month. I'm looking into the Tribute golf club in The Colony- I really can't get enough of it, and I've heard fabulous things about it. My FI and I are long distance, so we haven't even been able to schedule engagement photos, although I have a few photographers in mind (okay, there's 5 in my bookmarked pages, but I'll narrow it down eventually!). And I'm completely lost on invitations, but we kind of need a venue for that, so I haven't even considered it. Colors, I've pretty much settled on turquoise and purple, like so (not our names, tho):

"Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired." ~Robert Frost Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I second the request for the proposal story!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and proposal! That's the most important part. I cen't get a link to the actual proposal forum to work, so you get the long version, instead, haha:

A couple things first: 1) I have a thing for puzzles (I'm determined to have a "game room" in my dream home that's decorated with puzzles that I've put together, glued, and framed. Weird, I know, but it appeals to me). 2) We (well, me mostly, but FI enjoys it- or at least pretends to) love Disney. I blame the 'rents.

So, here's how it went: FI cooked dinner after coming home from work. Not an altogether unusual occurance- we're long distance at the moment, and it's something we enjoy doing together, so when we DO get to see each other, we try to make it happen. He made steaks, we had salad, and a really awesome cabernet. I had brought Beauty and the Beast with me (Disney had just re-released it), so that was what we popped into the player while we ate. Part way through, he tells me he has this puzzle he wants me to put together and rushes upstairs to get it. Again, not really an unusual thing. But he comes down with this unmarked box, and about 8 pieces in, I realize it's a picture of us. And there's words on it. About this point, I start shaking and it gets hard to breathe. I put it together in pretty much record time, but there's words missing, and he says, "Oh, they must have fallen out of the box" (uh-huh, sure), and runs upstairs to get them. So he finally comes back down and I put in the last 5 pieces, which are, of course, my name and "Will you marry me?" and he's down on one knee, and I'm crying and- here's the kicker- the scene where Belle and the Beast are dancing comes on like, right at that very moment, with Mrs. Potts singing "Beauty and the Beast." It was amazing. And corny. But I cried, haha, I loved it. And here we are :)

And aggiebug, I'm at the vet school...1VM, yay!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board.  Love the colors, what photogs are you looking into, and when the time comes you may want to try etsy for the invites (it is seriously a life saver).
  • edited December 2011
    Very sweet proposal! I love how much thought he put into it! My FI and I were long-distance too, for most of the time we dated. It's weird that I haven't signed onto IM at all since I moved here to be with him ... I used to be on it all night, chatting with him!
    edited December 2011
    1 totally awesome proposal story
    2 I love puzzles AND Disney
    and
    3 I am a 4VM!!! small world :o

Good luck with your case stuff and ALL your exams these next 2 weeks. You can make it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the board!  Whoop for being an Aggie (class of '05, Finance not vet school)  and if you have any questions on the Tribute let me know, I'm getting married there in 54 days :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, guys! I'm excited again now, haha.

aggiebug, that's awesome! Thanks for the good wishes...I'm just taking it a day at a time. 2 more tests!!! But you're almost done with your 4th year!! How amazing is that?  I got to read your proposal story and, while I'm not totally up on my Aggie traditions, yet, I DID recognize the painting you were talking about (your avatar, I assume) and I have to admit, that's a pretty fabulous story.

Thanks, llc! I might take you up on that offer and PM you with some questions.

Whoop! to all you Ags, and War Eagle :)
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_hi-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:1d06eaa3-fc27-466c-8e1e-95ee82bed708Post:db6fa313-9c1e-4951-baaa-acffa390977a">Re: Hi, All!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, guys! I'm excited again now, haha. aggiebug, that's awesome! Thanks for the good wishes...I'm just taking it a day at a time. 2 more tests!!! But you're almost done with your 4th year!! How amazing is that?  I got to read your proposal story and, while I'm not totally up on my Aggie traditions, yet, I DID recognize the painting you were talking about (your avatar, I assume) and I have to admit, that's a pretty fabulous story. Thanks, llc! I might take you up on that offer and PM you with some questions. Whoop! to all you Ags, and War Eagle :)
    Posted by AuburnAggie[/QUOTE]

Gah I remember that spring break first year! I think I just wanted to lay in my bed for all 7days.  I promise it does get better (although some days it can feel worse). I still can't believe I am almost done.  Its kind of overwhelming and scary and super exciting all at the same time. 

Thanks on the proposal story.  My Avatar is actually the picture of us taken to resemble the picture. Its very Aggie and very FI.  :-) we actually used the picture for our STDs (save the dates) and confused a lot of my family who doesn't know what Aggies are let alone our traditions, but it was fun to explain it!
    Fred Rogers
  • edited December 2011
    Um that is one of the coolest proposals I have ever heard. Props to your FI!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • edited December 2011

Hello and welcome!!!! Cute proposal!! Beauty and the Beast is def. a great movie!
    The turquose and purple go great together!

• LoverBean27LoverBean27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!! I adore your proposal story Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorites!!

CONGRATS :)
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the Board!! I love the proposal story! It was very inventive and a great thing for you to keep and put in your "game room." I love the colors and your siggy pic. Great job making your presentation!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the boards!  Love the colors.  Love the proposal story!

Class of '05 here Whoop!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lyss7316Lyss7316 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!!  your proposal story was awesome!! And your colors are very pretty-- kinda similar to mine! (blue, purple and light gray) AND I'm also a May 2012 bride! Our date is May 18th :-)   So we'll be planning a lot of stuff at the same time!! 
    Congrats and welcome again!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    LOVE the proposal story and the colors.  Spring 2012 for us too... Can't wait to spend it planning together! ;D
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the props for the proposal! (although I guess, I can't actually take credit for that one...just the re-telling of it!) I can't wait to really get into all the planning and everything., especially with all you guys to help!
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm such a cry baby. I got misty eyed when you said he ran up to get more pieces!

So SWEET! :)

Congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards