Getting in Shape
Options

Panty Party

Anyone else having one of these? My BM's are throwing me one before the wedding and I am going to have to tell everyone my size. Awesome. I have lost some weight but still....in those prissy panties-probably still wear a large. Bra size...still 38D (I would KILL to lose weight here first). I don't mind telling ya'll because your strangers....should I be freaked out about telling my friends? Some of these (FSIL, groomsmens wives, certain friends) that are coming probably WILL judge me. What do you guys think? Any alternatives or just suck it up and do it? After all its the thought that counts, right?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Panty Party

• Options
    Silly Q but whats a panty party? Do you have wear the panties in front of everyone? If I were you, I'd hate the thought of wearing just a pair of panties and a t-shirt in front of everyone .... if its just telling them what size you wear and then like silly-decorating them or something, then I'd say no biggie, its not like a Large is a huuuuuge size - The average woman wears like a 14 or something!
  • Options
    Haha a panty party/lingerie party is your close friends, bms, sisters, etc are invited to a small party- and they bring gifts of lingerie. Kind of a bridal shower, but with a different kind of gift-not for the kitchen, but for your panty drawer :) haha
  • Options
    A friend of mine had one.  I thought it was kind of strange picking out someone elses bedroom attire. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't freak about telling friends.  If anything, a few of the girls might get a little jealous that they don't have as lovely a cup size (as the flat chested girl of my group----yeah.  the envy is there!).  Your girl friends would just want to get you stuff you feel cute and sexy in.If the party concept itself makes you uncomfortable--let your girl friends know and share some ideas of a party you would feel more comfy with.  If the party sounds awesome, but you are just self conscious about size sharing--go for it and have fun!  Friends just want you to have fun and anyone who would judge--psssh....have your girls take care of them!
    Keep Moving Forward
  • Options
    I don't remember knowing her size, either because I just don't care to remember or it wasn't given.  I remember seeing the stuff and giving a check for the one you bought for her. 
  • Options
    Ah now that I know what a panty party is (LOL). I'd say go for it and have fun! Unless its something your totally against or don't think you would really enjoy, then I agree with pp to try and suggest alternatives or something.
  • Options
    I had a lingerie shower and no one asked me my size... But most was from VS so i could exchange if necessary!
  • Options
    I just went to one of these last weekend.  It was fun!  (it was just panties so no bra sizes needed).  The bride left w/ everything from thongs, tangas, boycuts to leopard granny panties.   Of course, some of these will be the "damn-didn't have time to do laundry" back-ups, but it was much more fun for the guests than a wishing well full of spatulas and measuring spoons.
  • Options
    Okay thanks guys! This party in is lieu of a bachlorette party. I just moved away from the the town where all my friends live and where the wedding is being held and am busy every single freaking weekend until the wedding. So after the rehearsal dinner we are heading back to my MOH's hotel room and just going to hang out and drink and do the lingerie thing. I feel better about the size thing-whoever pointed out that you don't remember what size it was you bought for your friend-thanks! Thinking back, I don't remember any sizes for my friends either. I appreciate ya'll taking the time to answer! THanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards