Getting in Shape

Thighs and Stomach

What kinds of exercises can I do to get rid of some of the fat around my stomach/waist and my thighs? I try to eat right and work out but it just doesn't seem to be working. What exercises worked for you?

Re: Thighs and Stomach

• for me, anything lunge-y or involving squats tones my legs up right away.  i tried this "goddess abs" workout from yoga booty ballet on netflix.  wow.  i memorized most of it, that one was the best abs work out i've ever had.  i fast forwarded through the meditation stuff though.  i'm not one for clearing my mind.  i still have some to lose on my abs, but there is definition there now--and i've NEVER had that!
    Keep Moving Forward
  • I know what you mean. Some people just naturally lose weight from those areas and some don't. I'm one that doesn't. For your thighs, try jump squats which might help tone the muscles and hopefully with that and the cardio, you will notice a difference. I can't recommend anything for the stomach. No matter how hard I try, I haven't figured that one out. Although I have not cut out sugar and that might help with the stomach especially.
  • Here is a website about stomachs that I found about a month ago. Sadly, I haven't looked at it since, but it has some great tips. http://tinyurl.com/2z6pw9
  • Cardio work and eating diary produced from grass-fed cows.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Planning Bio - A Total Work in Progress...
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Im obviously going to suggest weights (or lots of lunges, squats, and leg/core work outs), but honestly since Ive been going to spinning ive consistantly lost weight on my thighs - in a month I lost 1.75-2" from each thigh. I dont know if this is scientifically accurate that it will do that for everyone, but it worked for me so im passing it on! Good luck.
  • hey , I hear ya, sometimes the weight around your thigh and stomach ,  Try a 10 minute routine in the morning  focus on Toning .
  • Interval running has really worked for me. It's supposed to be great for fat loss. It should be very hard and exhausting if you do it properly, but it only takes about 10-20 minutes and if you do it two or three times a week, it should be effective.  My tummy has definitely gotten a little smaller :)
  • I'm kinda new here and I have the same problem.  Linebacker legs, I call them.  I've started to see them thin out a bit, and for me, walking at lunchtime and yoga, along with the traditional leg exercises (squats, etc) have helped.  I do throw in some time on the treadmill (walking and 2 or 3 sprints for now), but not everyday (at least not yet).  Abs, gotta recommend 2 servings of greek yogurt a day.  (I like Fage) and up the water.  Planks and some pilates moves seem to 'zip' them up too.  Good luck!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards