Getting in Shape
Options

Thanks Nebb!

I wanted to really push myself and try to up my arm weights at the gym tonight so I did. My motivation was that I thought "If Nebb was here and I gave up/didn't push it, she would totally think I am a wuss!" That was the extra push I needed to up the weight and finish all of the reps. I'll be a little sore tomorrow, but hoping to look fab in my strapless dress in 40 days! :-)

Re: Thanks Nebb!

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Awesome!! Im glad to hear it :) The achy feeling is so rewarding the next day. What type of upper body weights are you doing (free or machine)?
  • Options
    I switch off between machines, free weights and push-ups for my upper body. (Never two consecutive days in a row, but it depends on what's available). Tonight I was at the gym. I usually do assisted pull-ups, the one where you pull the bar straight down (can't think of what it is called) and the one for your shoulders where you lift up (shoulder press??). Okay - so I suck with naming the machines which is sad because I've been doing weight machines for about 15 years. Anyway, I also did tricep dips. I did 70 pounds resistance on the pull-ups, 75 on the bar thingy and 50 on the shoulder press. That was up from 80, 60 and 40 respectively. Oh, I sometimes do the seated row but I think I already hit my back muscles with the first two machines.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I normally do assisted chin ups and tricep dips (you kneel on the pad and the weights you put on is what it assists you at - I am at 90lbs so im "lifting" almost 100lbs), seated chest press, I think i MIGHT do the same shoulder lift one you do (I also dont kno the names unless its posted) - you lift the handles directly above your head, and I do one that I have NO idea what its called - there are handles at either side, and you swing them forward to meet in the middle infront of your chest. I also try to make sure I still do regular push ups as well, I have been meaning to do that 100 push up thing, but I keep putting it off for some reason.
  • Options
    Not to butt in here but since you guys are talking about weights, I'm looking for an opinion. A while back I met with a trainer who gave me a routine to do at home 2 x a week. I did it for a while and then stopped for some reason, but now I'm going to start again. Everything is supposed to be 2-3 sets of 8-12 reps. I use a mix of 7, 10, and I just got 15 pound dumbbells. I also have a red and blue resistance band. So here it is, in order:- push ups (still on my knees)- chest press (I do these lying on the floor, on my back)- rows (either with the band in the door or with dumbells)- lat pull downs (band)- bicep curls- tricep push downs with band- military press- squats w/ dumbells- wall sit- supermans- crunches- plank- side plankThe whole thing takes 45 min- 1 hour depending on how many sets. I just did it on Friday for the first time and only did 2 sets of each.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards