Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

OL Tuesday

Dear Knot,

How did a family RSVP to our wedding via theknot.com when I don't have anything set up for that?  Weird!

-Confused Knottie

Dear Weight,

Keep Coming Off!  I'm pretty proud of my 4.5 pounds in just over a week.

-Me

Re: OL Tuesday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    wow tiffany... what are you doing to lose the weight?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bridget -

Stopped eating out altogether is the main change. I now eat healthy small meals while I'm at work (such as grapes & cottage cheese, turkey and cheese roll ups with no bread, etc.) grilled lean meat and steamed veggies for dinner, and LOTS of water  I also stepped up my workouts from 4 days a week to 6 days...that sounds like a lot but I incorporated Yoga and Pilates (on what would have been my rest days) so they aren't super high intensity.

-Tiff
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    good for you!!! you will look awesome by your wedding....
    i'm just feeling blah! i have 10 lbs to lose and i can't change anything in my diet cause i already eat perfect (except for my one lunch on saturday at chick-fil-a)... i'm trying to bump up my workout, but every time i do i get sick... kinda feeling poopy about the whole thing - my body hasn't gotten the message that i'm not back down to my normal weight!!! i have noticed i have lost some body fat even though i haven't lost weight, so that is a start - just frustrated! ... but keep up the good work!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear self,
    It would be amazing if you could stop picking at your fingernails.  Your nails look like crap. 
    -me

Dear Steve,
    I hope you're not mad at me for contacting a travel agent but I'm tired of waiting to see if you'll talk to me about trips and so I decided to get expert opinions.  We haven't gone anywhere since our wedding and I'm tired of not going on vacation.  We deserve it.  Let's just book a dang trip.
    -me

Dear Knotties,
    Anyone know of good beaches that are affordable (talking $2000 give or take a few hundred dollars for 4 night stay)?  I've been looking into Montego Bay and Puerto Vallarta but some other ideas would be great if you have any.
    -knottie who needs a break
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    B**** and Moan Monday
    Open Letter Tuesday
    Say Anything Wednesday
    Attention W*ore Thursday
    Flame Free Friday.
  • Options
    kris928kris928 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Mariah,
    Playa del Carmen has quite a few places in that price range.

Kris

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok self,  You will start P90X on May 1.  That'll put you ending right around the time your dress comes in.  Go buy all the accessories you'll need this week so you have no excuses!!!  You ate way too much candy at Hershey and now have even more weight to lose!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mariah,
    Check out Costco Travel online for all-inclusive packages to Cancun or Riviera Maya (or similar locations in Mexico).  I just plugged in a 4 night stay in May (including a weekend) and most of the prices were about $2000 including airfare.  If there's something you like and it sounds like a good deal, just tack on $50 for a Costco membership.  We used Costco Travel for our honeymoon to Cancun because I was sick of waiting for Jordan to plan something, and I wanted something that was easy to arrange.  Good luck!
    Alana
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mariah -

Cheapcarribean.com = awesome.

-Me
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    also, cheaptickets.com  ... we booked our trip to maui through there last year.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Fellow Knotties -

Does anyone else find it hilarious that I thought FFF meant "Finally F(&@# Friday"????  LOL!!! Well, it fits!  :)

- me
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Dear Tiffany,
    You are doing pretty much what I did to lose weight for my wedding.  Thank you for reminding me what I need to do -- since I gained all the weight I Iost back.  :(

Dear Mariah,
    I am feeling the same as you--if we don't go somewhere in June for vacation I'll go crazy.  I'm looking at Destin, FL right now (since my passport has my old name, we have to stay in the U.S.).

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:1f86817e-bed9-4f6f-bf7a-48d72c11d34fPost:6defcf16-b4fb-40da-b82d-9dd9249c4498">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Fellow Knotties - Does anyone else find it hilarious that I thought FFF meant "Finally F(&@# Friday"????  LOL!!! Well, it fits!  :) - me
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

Haha that's awesome! :-)  That's usually how I feel by the time Friday rolls around!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Stephie,

Yes, you told me about your healthy snacks not too long ago and I'm using a lot of them! :) Good Luck losing it again!   I think the hardest part for me is planning and making sure that I have everything at home that I need to create the healthy meals.

-Tiff
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! 
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Lady at our Admin. Offices,
    You are extremely discourteous and I hope you get in trouble for your behavior over the years at some point.  Your job is to help us not be a jerk.

Signed,
    Me

Dear District Offices,
    Why do you have the Family/Medical Leave act with one person in one office and the Sick Bank with a different person in another office?  Your organization (or lack there of) confuses me and adds stress to anyone who has to be gone when they are sick.

Signed,
    Me again

Dear Paycheck,
    You are unusually small this month since I was out for a good portion of the month.  I'm sorry but I hope to get you back soon if I get approved for the sick bank.

Signed,
    Me, one more time

Dear Gastroenterologist,
    Please find two more days for me to be gone so that I can apply for the sick bank.

Signed,
    Your favorite patient
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Friday -

Please come fast!! I am ready to go to the spa!

-me!
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bsn1752, LOL!

Mariah, definitely check out CheapCarribean.com  We scored our trip to Puerto Rico for so cheap last year.

Are you looking for an all inclusive?  For something a little off the beaten path, but for the most gorgeous, jelly-fish, sea weed-free, feels like running your feet through a foot of baking four, beach, google Tulum.  There are lots of properties that have romantic private cabanas, just as something different than a huge resort feel.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mariah,

I agree with Donna and Alana. Stick with those resources and you're bound to find some great deals. I'm not a fan of Jamaica at all, but won't discourage you; I've had 2 horror stories and woldn't recommend, but those were separate situations. I think you'll be very happy with Playa del Carmen. It's secluded, there are a ton of things to do, and you're not in the middle of crazy Cancun. Definitely a great place to relax. Let me know if you have any questions. We've been going there for years and went on our honeymoon there.

Good luck,

Em

Dear Jeff,

Thanks for letting me buy the diaper bag I really wanted. You have no idea how excited I am about it...

Your wife

Dear weather,

I wish I could enjoy you. I really need you to be about 10 degrees cooler, though. My 30 week preggo self just can't deal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Knotties,
    Thanks for the suggestions!  Actually, I'm finding really good deals that are about the same as what a travel agent I'm working with is giving me.  So I feel like if we do decide to go on a trip we may just book with her because there's pretty much no difference in price.  We're checking out Puerto Vallarta.  Any experiences there?
    -me
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVE Puerto Vallarta. There is an elegance about it that you can't find in other parts of Mexico.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Mariah -
    We stopped Puerto Vallarta on a cruise once, but I can't remember doing anything other then some shopping.  The water was gorgeous!
    -Lauren

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Old Apartment-
    Please clean your self and finish moving the rest of our crap out!

Signed-
    TIRED of Moving.

Dear Photog-
    Please send me some teasers od my bridal pics!

-Impatient me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear wedding -

Please finish planning yourself.....you know what I like, I've been talking about it for forever. Thanks so much!

Your Blushing Bride
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Valeriekay - I'm 100% with you.
    image 208 Invited
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 102 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are MIA (RSVPs due 9.10)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards