Getting in Shape
Options

Thursday Shred Thread

Got it in. Those obleque (sp) twists kill my ankles. Anyone else have this problem? I just do jumping jacks or similar instead because my ankles won't let me do themHow did everyone else go?

Re: Thursday Shred Thread

• Options
    Moved the workout to after work. I like those twist get my heart rate going - I like the moves in level 2 although I sweat. I'm looking to do something else with the Shred - any suggestions?
  • Options
    No Shred today.  My only opportunity to do it was early this morning and I felt that was too close to my late session last night.  I will get back on it tomorrow morning.
    Knitting Blog
    Updated 3-12
  • Options
    Going to shred tonight. Excited because I can see tiny differences in my body, even after only three days
    *Jeremiah 29:11* SoyFreeBlog
  • Options
    I will do it tonight.  But I am loving level 2.  I cant believe how much I sweat with it.  And those V presses, ugh.  I can do the first set but then with the shoulder press after I am pretty much done.  I am determined to get through it all. Im feeling like Im not working my triceps enough.  Anyone else feel that?  Is that in level 3? As for doing other things with the shread, I have been running 3 days a week.  And on the weekends I also do some of Jillians other videos, they are longer but you can do as many circuts as you want.
  • Options
    I also feel like I'm not getting my triceps worked. I think I'm going to add some tricep dips on my own at the end. I confess I have been a Shred slacker. I got halfway through and then didn't do it for a week so I am starting over. I did L1 last night and it wasn't bad at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am loving the 30 day shred.. I feel the burn and sweat through almost all of it but feel great after. The only draw back I am finding is my knees are starting to hurt.. I have been a semi-regular :) runner adn never had this prb b4.. anyone elses knees hurt?
  • Options
    yep my knees hurt after doing it, but only sometimes. I haven't been able to pinpoint what it is? The jumping during cardio I'm guessing?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've actually had no problems with my knees.  I used to run, but stopped because of my knees, but I've not had any problem with them while doing the Shred.  I had a little trouble with my elbows for the first couple of days, but that went away.
    Knitting Blog
    Updated 3-12
  • Options
    Today was my rest day, so no Shred for me. It bothers my knees a little too. I think it might be from all the jumping. I also struggle through the second round of V-flies in Level 2.
  • Options
    Today was my first day on it... I made it to the 3rd circuit on level 1 and my body decided it was going to have an asthma attack, so I had to quit. Its a good workout though! Can't wait to get through it once my asthma cools down...
  • Options
    LaurenDarling, I also have asthma and I found that while I'm getting used to the pace of it I have to stop for a minute between circuits or I wheeze like crazy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards