Getting in Shape
Options

Slimmer arms instantly?

I'm about a month away from my wedding and so far I have lost just about 60 pounds! I'm thrilled at my success so far, but I have a strapless wedding dress and the inches seem to be coming off everywhere except for my arms. I feel like my body won't lose anymore weight, I've been dieting for a year and a half and haven't lost a pound in the last 7 months. Does anyone have a recipe for a body wrap I can use on my arms the day of the wedding to either tighten the fat on my arms, or even help make it sweat a little to look slimmer? I'm not looking for anything permanent, just something I can do before I put on my dress so I don't have arm fat in my pictures?? There is a lot of crazy information out there...have you personally tried anything that has worked??

Re: Slimmer arms instantly?

• Options
    first off 60lbs is incredible, congrats. Secondly, I dont know of anything you speak of, but are you doing any upper body strength training. If youre not, you really need to bust that out the next couple of weeks. push ups, dips, heavier weights, anything. It will help.
  • Options
    I just started doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, so hopefully that will help me tone, but I had been lifting weights with little success.  I'm going to keep eating right and working out like crazy, but I'd love to have some sort of fall back method if the weight still won't come off my arms.
  • Options
    Definitely keep up with the upper body exercises - that'll help tone your arms up.  If you haven't been doing much of that before now, you should hopefully see a difference in between now and your wedding.
  • Options
    This may sound a little odd but two things that I know that help my arms look better in the pictures are one, do some push ups, bicep curls, or triceps kickbacks, before you take pictures. You will see a difference. So try and get in an arm workout the day of your wedding, as close as the time you will take pictures. You don't have to work up a sweat, just a few reps of each. Also do not pose with your arms flat against your body, that makes your arms flat and wider/bigger in my opinion. Always pose with your arms a little out from your body. That will show the true shape of your arms. I use both of these techniques in pictures and know it works.
  • Options
    UGH!!! I have the same issue! I have lost 40lbs so far and my worst problem area are these flabby arms!!! I am sooo close to just going into debt for some lipo!! J/K!! I am trying not to lift heavy weights because I don't need to add muscle,  I just want to burn the fat...I am going to be using some bands for resistance work and the push ups will help..that was a good suggestion...it is sooo frustrating!!! Good luck!!
  • Options
    Interesting concept to exercise the day of the photos... I'm going to try that. It can't hurt!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    GRATS on the 60 lbs!!! That is very impressive! I'm with you on the "Arm fat" I too started the Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred, I haven't been doing for longer than a week, but I can tell you that tight fitting sleeves are not as tight now. still WAY to early to tell. I'm also taking vitamins to help balance my hormones (usually bigger girls have higher testosterone and less estrogen) The following have helped me loose weight too; Flaxseed, Fish oil, Black Cohash, and believe it or not pre-natal vitimns with DHA (or DNH?) I don't have the bottle with me. I feel MUCH better, and have more energy during the day. One more tip and its SUPER easy! Drink NO soda!!! Trade it in for water, you will loose naturally 15 pounds in one year just by not drinking the soda, and well the water will help you replenish so your body won't be holding water in storage so you will loose a lot of water weight! All around easy things... save Jillian she is a little on he evil side. But she does have me feeling stronger and I'm almost up to doing the full workout with no breathers! Good LUCK!!! :D Let us know how it works for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards