Getting in Shape
Options

Poll - Working out with others

Do you ladies work out alone or with friends? Which do you prefer and why?

Re: Poll - Working out with others

• Options
    I work out alone due mainly to no friends being in the area/interested in working out. FI doesn't wanna come with me either. However my friend is going to be living with me for 5 weeks, and she wants to come running with me, so we will see how it goes :)
  • Options
    If I'm doing weights, I prefer to work out alone, but the only way I can get FI to work out at all is if I take him with me to the gym.  Having him next to me on the elliptical usually motivates me to try harder to impress him.
    Knitting Blog
    Updated 3-12
  • Options
    I go to spinning with a friend usually, I usually work out on my own but occasionally will meet up with said friend and we will do our own thing and maybe meet up in the middle and talk a bit while we do abs or cardio.
  • Options
    By myself. It gives me time to relax and reflect on things...cheesy I know, but it really clears my head.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I work out alone mostly.  Every once in a while FI will run with me he usually has to turn around a bunch of times because I'm slower than him.  When we walk together he goes to slow for me. 
  • Options
    I work out alone by default.  A lot of my close friends aren't local.  But, I will tell you it's a lot easier for me to work out alone because then I don't have to rely on anyone but myself to get up and go.
  • Options
    I'm with lmark, I hate working out with people.  I never work out as hard when someone is there with me, because they always want to talk.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
  • Options
    I very much dislike working out with others. DH and I might go the gym together but we separate as soon as we get there and he knows I would HATE if he came on to a machine beside me. FIL goes to the same gym and he'll say at dinner 'saw you at the gym on Tuesday, you looked intense so I didn't come up to say hi.' I love FIL for that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I work out alone and with others. Lifting days - I have a partner I work out with, it really helpsto keep things interesting and versatile.  Also, Its nice to havea spot for the heavier sets that we do, like decline benchpress and skull crushers.Cardio/Running days - Go with husband/work out partner orby myself. I think working out with someone is so inspirational. Myworkout partner is stronger than me, so she pushes me withmy weights and I am faster than her so I push her to runmore than she would if I was not there. Also working outwith someone creates more accountability, by schedulingtime to workout together, you are more likely to go ifsomeone else is relying on you.  Also, I tend to pushout sets because my work out partner is there or runlonger/harder because I know someone else is relyingon me to keep up. 
  • Options
    I work out with my mom and sister, since we live in the same town. We just plan to meet at the gym at a certain time every day, then I feel like if I don't show up, I'm letting them down. It makes me get up and go, which is most of the motivation I need. Once I'm there I have no trouble working my butt off.
  • Options
    For the most part I work out alone, but my friend and I have been going for runs on Fri. afternoons together and I really enjoy that.  It's nice to be able to catch up while still getting a workout in.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    I like to run with someone else.  Usually FI and I run together.  He has to slow down for me (his legs are really long!) but it's nice to chat with someone on longer runs.  In the gym, though, it's just me and whatever guilty pleasure tv show is on!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards