Getting in Shape

New here...saying Hi

Ok...I've been waiting to be able to post here and say hello!  My story...getting married 7/3/2010. I gained about 35 pounds 2 years ago due to a reaction with a new BC...have struggled since to get back down to normal weight. So I finally started with a medical weight loss program as of Monday.  1st 2 days were "gorge" days...I just started the low calorie diet today.  It's a 43-day program intially to drop about 30-35 pounds, then about 6 weeks of very strict re-introduction of certain foods. I will be tracking my weight daily and will keep you all posted as to how this works. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers

Re: New here...saying Hi

• Welcome!  I'm sorry you're having a hard time losing weight.  I don't want to sound negative but I would be really careful about a plan like the one you're describing.  That sounds very extreme.  Extreme weight loss is usually unhealthy and rarely lasts.  I would suggest a lifestyle change to healthy eating and exercise instead.  Whatever you and your doctor decide to do, please be very very careful.  Nothing is worth sacrificing your health for.
  • Extreme...but still healthy.  Blood values monitored regularly and the 6 weeks of reintroduction of specific foods is the transition into a lifetime commitment to healthier eating.  If I go back to eating like a pig...I'll gain the weight back. That's completely understood.  The medication and first 3 months of this are supposed to actually "reset" the hypothalamus in your brain which controls your metobolic function and maintains what your body believes to be your ideal weight.  So if you've been a certain weight for several years, and can't seem to lose that weight no matter how much you diet or excercise, it's often because your brain thinks you're supposed to be that weight. However...this is the "theory" behind the approach. I've always been curious how these medical programs work...and am very prepared that I may have just wasted a lot of money!  I'm basically the guinea pig for my family and work...they all want to see how it works with me first!Thanks for the head's up, though! Truly appreciate it! Also...how the heck on these posts do you all get your weight loss goal in?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Good luck!  Keep us posted
  • I'm glad you're being so careful! It sounds like you've got it all under control! Let us know how it goes and how you feel along the way! You get the weight goal and stars by joining the weight loss club. There should be a blue box on the upper right hand side of this page. You just have to join the club and enter your current weight, your goal weight and then update with how much weight you've lost. Only you can see your actual weight, everyone else just sees how much you've lost and your total goal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards