Getting in Shape
Options

Jealousy

Green eyed monster, right here. I am becoming increasingly frustrated with my inability to work out. I havnt eaten the best in the past few days (sunday was thanksgiving dinner, lastnight my dinner sucked so I had some of my husbands lasagna). I have not gone over my calories and what not but im convinced that doesnt matter. A friend of mine who is also trying to lose weight, posted some new pics on FB and she looks so much thinner than she did before. I am jealous that Im not there yet. Im trying to convince myself that she probably did not start out as big as I did, but its hard not to let it eat me up inside that Im not that thin. Its driving me nuts. I feel like im never going to be able to get back into it, the injury will just turn into laziness and bam, Ill have gained 25lbs back. Im hell bent on this NOT happening, but not working out really freaks me out after working out 5-6 days a week for the past 5 and a half months. Does this happen to anyone else? How do you deal?

Re: Jealousy

• Options
    I think this stuff just happens. . . and by 'stuff' I mean 'life.' Watching every calorie and working our hardcore every single day isn't realistic for long term living. You've been thrown a little curveball here, and it SUCKS but I know you'll get through it! Most of my friends are skinny b1tches who can eat whatever they want and then maybe go for a jog here and there and be super skinny and fit. It is definitely NOT like that for me. I get very jealous so I know how you feel. Can you do any sort of exercise while you're healing? I'm sure you're going to come out of this just fine but I feel like doing some sort of exercise will just keep you in the right frame of mind.
  • Options
    Absolutely this happens. The fact that you are aware of this means that you might not have as hard a time as you think getting back into it. It's not like you are deciding not to workout just because you are lazy. You have an injury, and it's important that it heals before you get back into it again.You can do it, you have support system here, and we will make sure you kick your butt back in shape when you are healed :)
    TEST
  • Options
    I havnt done weights in a week now - the machines I want to use would require kneeling/climbing, it hurts my knees when I do pushups and I havnt bothered with the other stuff because I havnt been to the gym. I tried doing some light cardio on my upright bike on Monday and my knee ended up hurting worse that evening so Im wary of doing any cardio until it feels better. I want to, but I dont want it to get worse.
  • Options
    I am super jealous of FI.  We have both lost about 50 pounds but it only took him about 2 months mine took me 4 and he eats about double what I do.  He never exercises either.  I'm so proud of him at the same time.  I think in my case it is just me hating my body.  I swear the weeks I don't exercise or exercise less I lose more pounds but I feel flabbier. 
  • Options
    I have been living with 2 sisters and a cousin that have been very thin while I just got heavier and heavier. My fault. But being around them, I cannot help but be envious.  So, I know how you feel. I think it's normal. I've been on the program for 6 months and lost 18 pounds. This last weekend I totally blew it eating. Went on a long hike with FI, our kids and friends then hit the buffet at the lodge. It was like I totally forgot I was on WW. Had 2 large plates of bad food, and a plate of desert. ARGH. I'm so mad at myself. AND I GAINED 2 LBS. BACK. Doubly mad at myself. Perhaps you can do free weight upper body workouts. You can still keep your metabolism humming by keeping up with the upper body workouts. You actually can do machines for upper body too. At least then you feel like you are working out?Just a thought. Good Luck.
  • Options
    I might go to the gym tomorrow after work, and just do weights where I dont have to get up and down and kneel and bend too much. Maybe I could work on my abs a lot too. Saying this makes me feel like I AM being lazy!! I might try some light cardio again tonight, see how it goes. If it doesnt work I know my eating will be ok today so I should be fine, but im a total paranoiac. (if thats a word).
  • Options
    Nebb  - I know you can do it, keep strong!! Its frustratingwhen you can exercise as much as you want.  Don't let others success take away from yours and/or makeyou nervous you won't get there at some point.
  • Options
    NEbb- you are NOT lazy! This can happen when you push too hard- your body is telling you it needs to rest. Is there a pool at your gym? Swimming is supposed to be good if you have injuries, right?
  • Options
    There is a pool but I only have a bikini and somehow that doesnt feel appropriate for gym swimming. I need to go to the mall to look for a bathingsuit but my budget isnt very high so I either have to find something under 25$ or wait :(
  • Options
    Nebb - Chin up!  Sorry for the long post in advance.We all feel like this from time to time.  Don't look at your friend, look at yourself objectively.  As a recovering bulimic I know how hard that is, to see yourself truly.  But go put on a pair of pants, dress, or something that was tight!  And if things get tight again you just have to re-evaluate your diet.  Look at women who never exercise and are thin, it's because they eat only what they need.  Diet alone can lead to weight loss, exercise helps you do it faster, build muscle, and create better heart health.As for your knees, there are many exercises that you can do without hurting them.  Wall pushups, front dips with weight.  I can send you a few workouts if you want that are low to no impact that I used when I was rehabbing my knee after surgery.
  • Options
    I'm jealous of my bff whose in GREAT shape - like she can be in a body building contest. Picture my worst nightmare: My the moh size 22 bridesmaid dress, bride size 6 and built, cut arms, cut back. She'll already be in white, I think my larger than life size will really make for great pictures. I just realized I"m more than 3 sizes bigger than she is and frumpy.(Walking away from computer to go puke ). (please read with sarcasm and what humor you can muster).
  • Options
    Thanks :) I think i might try googling some things that I can do without pressuring my knees. I am nuts sometimes and need to hear this from outside parties in order to absorb it, I say it to myself but i dont tend to listen. I think its a mixture of getting antsy and having the self esteem issues that I do.I appreciate all of the help and support, I really do.
  • Options
    Just look at all your stars to see how far you've come! I think your like one of the GIS role models! And all these posts about you feeling lazy make me realize how lazy I really am. . . hmm. .  .And back to the jealousy thing, my sister, who is 4 years older than me, is like half my size. She was one of those pregnant women who only looked pregnant from the side, and lost almost all the baby weight immediately. When I asked her to be my MOH she asked me if I would be mad if she was pregnant (with #2) at the wedding, and I was like, 'hell no- the fatter you are, the skinnier I'll look!'
  • Options
    hahahah if only more brides had that opinion about pregnant bm's.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards