Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Mckinney -- Where to stay the night of the wedding.

Does anybody know of a good place to stay around McKinney. We need a place to stay the night of the wedding. We are getting married at Chandlers Gardens in Mckinney but they do not have a location onsite to stay so we are trying to find one. Most of the bed and breakfast locations have disconnected numbers listed online. HELP ;)

Re: Mckinney -- Where to stay the night of the wedding.

• We stayed at The Grand Hotel a few weeks ago after doing some bride groom pics and loved it! Cool boutique hotel off the square.
  • awesome. are the rooms big? I guess could we rent a room to get ready that day? :) i saw the pricing online and its around 150 or something per night for a regular room but there is another room(suite i think) for almost 300. I didnt know which one we should get! :) thank you so much for your help
  • We just stayed in a normal room, and it was a decent sized room, but I wouldn't say big enough for you to get ready in the day of the wedding, depending on how many people you had. I would personally get a suite, then you have the space the day for getting ready, and a nice room for that night with your new H!
  • If you are getting ready there, be sure to request a room with windows. When we stayed there, our room (still absolutely beautiful and I loved staying there) didn't have windows. Their largest suite was quite large- I think we fit about 25 people in there just hanging out. That being said- I absolutely love the Grand Hotel.

If you need something a bit more like a "modern" hotel, the Courtyard Marriot at the Allen Events Center was nice. There is a lot to do in that area as well. 
  • thank you both! i wil look into both hotels! :)
  • bad news. The Grand Hotel is booked that night ;(
  • Awww, that is too bad, it sounded perfect!

The NYLO in Plano maybe?  Very nice hotel. 
  • For those of you who have already had your wedding, how was your experience at Chandler's?  Did you have any trouble with caterers being able to set up, having enough room to get dressed in the dressing area, etc.?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards