Getting in Shape

Re: Protein Shake Danger?

• Options
    I guess this begs the question - who drinks more than one shake a day?  I think that I'd be more concerned if I drank them a lot, but I have protein shakes about 2-3 times/week.  I know some people have them daily, but three times a day seems excessive.  It is something to be aware of for sure.  But I guess I'm not worried about the protein shakes affecting my health.
  • Options
    This is interesting. I know quite a few people who use those myoplex shakes, and I bet one or two of those guys have more than one shake a day.

I sent the link out in an e-mail. Thanks!

-- Thoughts become things, choose the good ones! --

• Options
    Yeah, I'm sure guys trying to gain weight and/or muscle mass drink them more regularly.  I guess anything in excess can be harmful!
  • Options
    my sister sent me this link right after i bought my 5lb container of protein yesterday... i just love inflammatory journalism.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    All of the protein drinks that contained the higher levels of arsenic were the ready to drink (RTD) shakes. The water is what has the "bad things" in them due to all the preservatives added to make them safe for shelves over a long period of time. These RTD's are fine in moderation. The powder is great to have multiple times per day because they have a safe amount of heavy metals even in high doses. I drink the powder shakes every day and will on occasion have an RTD if I am running late.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards