Getting in Shape

Richmond Marathon or Half

I was planning to run the NYC Marathon last Sunday (and completely agree with its cancellation).  Instead, I registered for the Anthem Richmond Marathon this Saturday and am looking forward to it.

Has anyone done this race or the half?  Or live in the area?  Any suggestions or tips regarding the course, where to park, etc.?  We are staying at an airport hotel and renting a car.  TIA! 

Re: Richmond Marathon or Half

• Thanks so much!  It was tough last week - pretty much everyone we know lost power or had some kind of damage to their homes.  Some kids are out of school until the 14th.  Luckily, H and I got it back pretty quickly and our townhouse became the "family refugee camp".  Everyone has been helping each other. 

I felt so guilty at first to be concerned about running.  Now I'm excited to get to Richmond this weekend and see if the extra-long taper helps.  :-)

• I live in Richmond, although I spend all my time either at work or at my FI's house in Northern Va. Not a runner myself, but I heard it's a nice marathon. I think the weather's supposed to be nice too. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards