Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

A couple things.

On the two sites we have for vendors, I'm not finding what I'm looking for. First...does anyone know someone who does calligraphy at a good price? There are too many rules to know when addressing invites and I don't want to do them myself!  The knot only has one person under calligraphy and I don't like her style.

Also..where did you get programs done at? I know there is VP, but I just can not find anything on there I like! I've tried for STD's and invites and no luck.

Re: A couple things.

• Options
    carmen9311carmen9311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    stephie used calligraphy by angela. http://calligraphybyangela.com/ i looked up probably about 10 people and she was the cheapest. i ended up having my dad do them because he was trained in it but he griped about it the whole time. as a side note, calligraphers will still want you to write out exactly what will go on the envelope. they will probably give you guidance about the rules though!

for programs, i'm just getting a kit from michael's or staples and printing them myself. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I found this when I was searching for calligraphers:
    http://www.idodallas.com/other5.html

I am having my stationer do digital calligraphy on my envelopes, so I never actually got around to choosing a calligrapher. Angela really does seem to be the cheapest, but it may be her style that you're not a fan of (I think she is the only one that TK lists).

Here is the link for the DIY programs that I'm working on. The supplies for 150 programs cost me about $30:
    http://www.ayleebits.com/2006/06/10/diy-fan-programs/

HTH!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am no help with caligraphy but I got my programs on Etsy.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my programs through the church coordinator.  They were beautiful and so very classy.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVED using Angela.  I only had outer envelopes and she only charged $1 each--well worth it I thought.  Plus, she is just really sweet, like Becky.  I gave her my guest list typed up for her to use.

I DIY'd my programs using a kit that I printed on my laser printer (PIB).  Very easy and did the job.  Etsy would be good too.
  • Options
    LoverBean27LoverBean27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:24249afe-cdba-4b61-bae2-a350ccaa949ePost:8634ec4a-f47f-461a-8bac-b4383878314c">Re: A couple things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am no help with caligraphy but I got my programs on Etsy.
    Posted by bobbileighb[/QUOTE]

I will most likely be going with etsy as well!
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I made my own programs in Publisher.  I took them to staples to be printed.
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did wrap around labels and just downloaded the font off of dafont.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards