Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Frisco/Plano/North Dallas Reception Venues

Newbie here! Just starting to plan and need some ideas for reception venues. The wedding is in Plano and the guest list is around 100. I am open to DIY or all-inclusive. I just don't want a venue that will be too big for a smaller guest list. TIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Frisco/Plano/North Dallas Reception Venues

• danielle16_17danielle16_17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    fairy tale manor- frisco
    reflections on spring creek- plano
    spring park community center- plano
    Cadot restraunt- dallas
    fairview corral barn- plano
    I got married at the atruims at park west in - dallas
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome!  You'll get some more feedback here starting on Monday.  The board is really slow on the weekends.

I'm not alot of help on venues, sorry!  We did get a quote from Reflections on Spring Creek in Plano though when we were looking.
  • edited December 2011

Welcome to the boards and congrats on your engagement

I looked at a ton of places in person and online before I picked my location (Winfrey Point on White Rock) 

There is the Fairy Tale Manor in Frisco

McKinney has a lot of great venues, The Grand Hotel,  The Bingham House,  The Old Cotton Mill.

Gleneagles Country Club in Plano

Addison has the Addison Event Center.

I hope this helps.

• juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you just need a place for a reception, check out Maggiano's.  They have great service!
  • stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

There are quite a few hotels and country clubs in Frisco and Plano as well.  I had my reception at the Marriott Legacy Town Center in Plano.  We were also interested in the Tribute Country Club (I believe Lauren is having her wedding there), Stonebriar Country Club, Westin Stonebriar, and the Frisco Embassy Hotel by the mall.  All of those venues will do most of the work for you, so there is some added cost when you compare them to a stricly DIY venue. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

My wedding is at The Bingham House, but just up the rode is Chestnut Square.

• LLE07LLE07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for all of the ideas everyone. I have a lot of places to look at now!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dee4182dee4182 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Prestonwood Country Club - The Hills. Beautiful view and perfect for your guest list.
  • seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oddly enough...  We are looking at III Forks on the Tollway for both ceremony and reception.  We are pretty non-traditional and are not having a huge wedding and didn't want a church...  I actually went there looking at it as a reception site and my wedding planner/sister and MOB helped me see one of the banquet rooms as perfect for our small ceremony.  :)

The plus is - no rental fee!  They are only open at lunch for private parties so we will essentially have the whole place to ourselves.  I just have to get the dude's approval and we're good to go!
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the 1899 farmhouse in princeton. all diy!!!!
    Photobucket Miles Jackson Born 2/2/12 8lbs 1oz 20 1/2" long

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards