• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Getting in Shape

Insanity time

Hello all! I recently got engaged, April 3rd, and wanted to share what I am doing to get into wedding shape. I actually started the Insanity 60 day workout program a week before we got engaged so I was already on a weight loss plan/ track. I am just finishing week 5 and getting ready to start the next set of DVD's. This will be the butt kicking set of workouts so I should lose a majority of my weight in the next 30 days. 

I have already started seeing results and my workout buddies and I have already picked out our next workout program. I am hoping to hit my goal by this fall so I can look a dresses without feeling overwhelmed with the weight I still need to lose. Hope everyone reaches their goals and if there are any tips that can be passed my way please send them!

thanks!!!Laughing

Re: Insanity time

• lls31lls31 member
    1000 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited April 2012
    Congrats on your recent engagement!

Insanity is my absolute favorite workout.  I've been doing it for months now and I absolutely love it.

I do want to mention that the month 2 DVDs weren't as effective for me as the month 1 DVDs were.  I did complete the full 60 days, but month 2 was kind of a wash.

Month 1 was perfect.  The workouts were the perfect amount of intensity for the perfect amount of time.  I put 110% into the full length of every workout.  

The first day of Month 2, I literally thought I was going to die with the fit test and the first workout in one day.  My heart was ready to explode.  I figured the next day would be better.  It was, but I still noticed a problem.  The workouts were just too long for the amount of intensity you need to give.  By the time I was on the last circuit, I was so exhausted that I was sacrificing form.  Not good.  I completed every workout of Month 2, but it wasn't as effective as Month 1.

My advice to you, if you happen to have the same problem I had, is to skip Month 2 and repeat Month 1.  
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats on your engagement!  I would have been on week 5 of Insanity too if I kept going.  I did it for 3 and a half weeks, but took a short hiatus to train for a run that was last weekend.  I was planning to start back up this week, but we've had a house project that's eaten into our evenings this week, so next week it is!

Have you been following the meal plan as well, or just the workouts?  Either way, I definitely love that program and can't wait to get back into it.  Good luck on reaching your goal!!
    Anniversary
  • What is the insanity program??? I wanna do it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards