Getting in Shape

Photo Phriday

Good morning, ladies! I'm heading out of town so I wanted to get a headstart on this. Here are some pics from my HM in Bordeaux, in honour of all the wine love that went on earlier this week:

Breakfast in our room:

The honeymoon spread in our room:

German WWII U-boat pens:

Bordeaux at night:

Giant bottles of wine decorated by local artists in Bordeaux:

The gorgeous medieval town of Saint Emilion:

And lastly, Arcachon, just outside of Bordeaux, and Europe's biggest sand dune:

Re: Photo Phriday

• The pic are BEAUTIFUL!!! The town is beautiful!! I couldnt imagine how you felt when you were there

Getting Hitches 08/09/2014

• Thanks! Both Bordeaux and Saint Emilion are UNESCO world heritage sites - GORGEOUS and totally worth visiting. The dune is amazing too - it sits on the edge of the ocean so you can walk up it and then down it and get to the sea. Then of course you have to work your way back up........
  • Gorgeous pictures unchat!  Hm, I'll have to go dig up something fun to share today...
    Anniversary
  • So pretty!  I'll just start packing right now...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Okay, here are some.  I am missing so many photos since Webshots went down (yes, they're gone forever) and so sad about it.

Here is the quilt my mom made us for my shower.  I looove it:

Here is a photo from our trip to Niagra before we went wine touring with friends.

And some HM photos.  We went to Bermuda on a cruise.
    Favorite bartender:

Climbing through the side beaches in Horseshoe Bay:

Favorite Little Restaurant (along with the Frog and Onion, of course) I could eat lunch or even just sit here every day

Anniversary
  • Okay, this may work for me...

Old do

new 'do (will likely be curly again next week, but was straightened this morning because I was running late)

drama kids gave us flowers at the festival. The card ends with " we love you, momma H" - they call myself and the other teacher the 'drama mommas'
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Lobsters I really want to go to Bermuda some day.  I am a major girly girl and I love the color pink.  A pink sand beach is like my dream destination! 

@Jenny Your hair looks great and your drama kids are so thoughtful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ooooomg all the HM pics are making me have the vaca itch! Amazing photos, ladies! Bermuda would be an awesome cruise!

Jenny the hair cut looks great! Your hair is so blonde (I realize that didn't change.. I just never realized how blonde you were!) 
  • Jenny - I never got that you were a blonde from your little tiny pic! Great hairdo refresh though!

I am so jealous of everyone's honeymoons! DH and I had to go right back to work after the wedding, and then we went right into "save for a house" mode skipping right over any possibility of a honeymoon. Maybe one day (hopefully before kids!).
  • cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2013
    So many beautiful and fun looking honeymoons! I can't wait for another vacation. And Jenny, your new do looks great! 

We finally bought wedding rings last weekend. It was a pretty long, drawn out process for us ever since we got engaged, but we finally bit the bullet  and both got what we wanted. 

I went mismatched. Nothing matches my e-ring. It's a family heirloom made in the 1930's, so it was hard to find something complimentary to the designs on the sides. So I just went with something fun instead. FI got a white gold ring with a center texture inlay. He originally wanted something with a meteorite inlay, but they have trace iron in them and will rust if you wear them in the water or cleaning or anything, so he'd have to take it off constantly. So he found a ring with the center texture that resembled the look, but in gold. And he's happy, so that's all the matters. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks ladies! Yeah, I'm uber blonde - always have been (I know, explains A LOT). My hair used to be stick straight until I had kids, now it's wavy/curly, so seeing it straight is pretty rare. It'll be back in it's natural state by Monday!

Love the HM pics too! I don't think we're going to get to go on one either, entropic, we did the house thing first, so now we spend our money on that!

There are so many places that I want to go and both Bermuda and Hawaii are on my list! hawaii is CRAZY expensive from my part of the world, so I don't see that happening soon. Lots of students are going/gone on vacation this week or next and I'm having serious envy. It's been 2 years!

Love the ring, cnf!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Jenny, we used to have a couple of teachers that we were close enough to call "momma", in my HS as well. They were great mentors and did so much to help me cope with the teenage years. You should be proud of yourself! Teachers rock my socks.

Great HM pics, everyone!
  • Thanks, pony!

The drama kids are awesome, and have totally made this year wonderful for me. Even though some of them are going through a rough time, they never use it as an excuse. I've been their confidant, their teacher, their coach and sometimes their kick-in-the-pants - and it's been so great to feel useful (the job change really messed with my sense of worth this year)...

But with that said, the group I have next period is challenging, and one of them has decided that she hates me and is nothing but disrespectful to me. Should be an interesting class.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_photo-phriday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:27bcbd24-edfd-4320-8a0c-8050971222f6Post:2797a883-2f89-4685-af39-c762343dfe37">Re: Photo Phriday</a>:
    [QUOTE] I am so jealous of everyone's honeymoons! DH and I had to go right back to work after the wedding, and then we went right into "save for a house" mode skipping right over any possibility of a honeymoon. Maybe one day (hopefully before kids!).
    Posted by entropicbeauty[/QUOTE]

<div>I should clarify that our HM was 3 months after our wedding...... I left on my first PhD research trip to Serbia and France a week after the wedding and was gone for almost 3 months. Then DH caught up with me in France and we traveled around for 2 weeks.</div>
  • Also, cute hubby Lia! :-D
  • @Lia Your honeymoon pics are fantastic!  FI and I are still deciding which islands we want to visit.  We are going for two weeks and hoping to spend one week on one island then one week on a different island.  How long did you spend on each island, which islands did you like the best? Other advice?

I think we are planning on having a fairly active honeymoon (hiking, surf lessons, kayaking, snorkeling, etc).  We will spend some time on the beach, but laying around a resort all day is too boring for us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Entropic I feel ya! We're just now finally getting to vacation (and can't call it our HM since it's been a year.. boooo :P ) 

We were supposed to go on a HM right after our wedding, but the Navy decided otherwise. We specifically chose our wedding date so that it wouldn't interfere with deployments or TAD (temporary trips for work) stuff, but nooooo. 
     They tried to send him the week before our wedding and told us to just marry by proxy but H threatened AWOL lol.. So they said, "okay, fine... you can have your wedding.. then you're leaving" to he left the day after we got married for a month, came back, left for another two months, came back, left for another month, came back and deployed. 
    Awesome. 
    Now is the time we can finally make up for it. We spent a total of about 11 weeks together our first year of marriage :( We were not expecting that! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_photo-phriday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:27bcbd24-edfd-4320-8a0c-8050971222f6Post:89484847-2d51-43e8-ad73-9a50a4a45b50">Re: Photo Phriday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Photo Phriday : I should clarify that our HM was 3 months after our wedding...... I left on my first PhD research trip to Serbia and France a week after the wedding and was gone for almost 3 months. Then DH caught up with me in France and we traveled around for 2 weeks.
    Posted by unchatenfrance[/QUOTE]

I'm really jealous, of both your pictures and your trip! FI said no to France as a potential HM spot, we were planning on Turkey, but then my parents offered their timeshare in Hawaii so we're doing Maui for 8 nights then the big island and possibly San Fransico.

Liatris - I'm planning all of the activities in Maui and sunrise at Haleakala is one of them! We're planning on doing it the first night there since we'll still be jet-lagged and waking up early will be easiest then. Was it really, really cold and would you recommend taking a winter coat for it or a warm jacket? I'm can't really find anything that clarifies whether you park your car in a parking lot and hike up the mountain to watch the sunrise, or if you just drive up and sit in your car to watch it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_photo-phriday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:27bcbd24-edfd-4320-8a0c-8050971222f6Post:a79a1f95-c015-4688-b96e-77a669b4233f">Re: Photo Phriday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Photo Phriday : We were there in december and wore fleeces and brought blankets for the car. It was cold, but warmed up quickly. You park your car and then walk up a set of stairs to a lookout. If that lot is full you have to park at the lower lots and hike up. We stayed at a B&B that night and the owner kept a record of when the top lot filled.
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I can handle just bringing fleeces and blankets. I'm really excited to see the sunset - I hear it's amazing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards