Getting in Shape
Options

new to the getting in shape board

So... I am at my 3 month mark. I am completely at ease with the fact that I am not going to lose tons of weight in 3 months. But I do want to tone and slim down a bit. Yesterday I revisted my gym. I have been a member for 1 year, but hadn't been once durng the month of december (ridiculous I know). 

I decided to jump on this board for the next 3 months and hopefully get some inspiration from all of you lovely ladies about getting healthy. 

And words of advice? I do actually LOVE working out, its the food thats my problem. Any little hints that have worked for you??? (p.s. I've done weight watchers before with success, but not really interested in doing this time, I just want to cut back and amp up exercise and just feel better, you know?!)

Thanks ladies! :)
*My Planning Bio* *UPDATED 1-18-2012*
South FL March siggy: Fave Registry Item
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: new to the getting in shape board

• Options
    Hi!  Welcome to the board!

1. Track all your food.  It can be a pain, but it's SO worth it.  I use the free site SparkPeople.com

2. it's said that weight loss is 80% food and only 20% exercise.  So while exercise is great, eating a healthy diet on a slight caloric deficit will generally be quicker results.

3. Make sure you're eating enough.  If you try to eat super healthy, you can accidentally eat too few calories per day (especially taking into consideration calories burned during exercise) and actually not be eating enough food to lose weight.

4. Develop a routine.  Lifestyle changes are never easy but are harder if you don't know what you should be doing and when.

5. Everyone says it, but it's totally true... water, water, water.
  • Options
    Anna knows all.  Listen to her!  I'll echo the water and logging your caloric intake and exercise.  It has made all the difference in the world to me.  Try to include both cardio and weights 4 - 5 times a week and cut back on processed foods (if not totally eliminate them), limit sodium intake and eat fresh produce as much as you can.  GL!

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • Options
    I agree with all of these things, but you have to do what works for you.  I tracked calories and my OCD kicked in.  I was fixated on my meals and thinking about eating.  It just made me hungrier.  Keeping yourself busy and engaged in what you're doing will make you less likely to snack.  Try going for a walk, playing a game, or going shopping.  Mindless, boredom snacking is what messes me up... so just try to make healthier choices when possible, don't deprive yourself, and eat when you're hungry to the point of being full (give yourself some time to digest).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards