Getting in Shape
Options

Workout music recommendations

Hi GIS ladies, I am in need of some new tunes to put on my iPod for my workouts (both cardio and weight training). I prefer rap and pop, but I'll do anything that has a good, aggressive beat or a "feel-good" sound. :) Any recommendations? What is your favorite music to listen to while working out?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Workout music recommendations

• Options

Ever listen to Prodigy? I'm a rap/pop girl myself but I've learned that songs by Prodigy, while not normally my style, are awesome for workouts. they're all super fast so they force you to really push it when you're doing cardio! don't ever watch the music videos tho. the guys are seriously scary looking.

• Options
    I don't actually like pop music very much but working out seems to be my exception.

I listen to P!nk, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson and Lady Gaga (only their more upbeat songs), but I've also found I like Motion City Soundtrack, Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance for working out.

I'm actually interested in getting some new recommendations as well, I'm getting super sick of listening to the same things over and over again.
  • Options
    I'm all about Blink 182 when it comes to my runs. They just make it more fun :o
  • Options

Linkin Park gets me pumped!

• Options
    Working out is the only time I enjoy rap. The consistent beat is so perfect for running to! I just downloaded the new girl on fire song, it's better for lifting to since it's a bit slower (and clearly not rap). I also just got the Nicki Manaj pound the alarm and L'il John Floor is on Fire, but that one isn't for download yet by amazon or itunes. I ganked it off youtube like a rat. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I get super motivated by really fast Iron Maiden songs or Anthrax/thrash metal bands. Those high energy guitars and drums  just make me want to go as fast as possible!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    There is the new song "gangam style" thats really good for running. I was just finishing a 30 minute run when it came on my pandora and I just couldnt bring myself to stop until after that song!
  • Options
    Eminem always gets me going to work out. That song, "Till I collapse" I always go for it when I start to feel like giving up on a run. I find a lot of heavier stuff gets me going better than pop songs. I like Rage Against the Machine, Street Sweeper social Club, and Lincoln Park. One pop artist I will recommend for working out is Pink. She'e about the only pop I listen to.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions ladies! :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Beyonce get me bodied. Love it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards