Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Saturday

Is anyone here? 

I just got really frusterated with my aisle decorations so I had to take a break. FI is doing yardwork..and I need to call in the home warranty people to look at our furnace thing. (I don't really know what it's called)...but it was blowing lukewarm air, when it was on "heat" and so it never stopped running...now we have a $330 dollar electric bill. Undecided

Re: Saturday

• angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I'm around.  Usually we'd be at the parade this morning but not this year.  :-/  FI didn't want to go because, well, its pretty much centered around booze and right now, that just doesn't bode well for him.  We got to sleep in though and that's always great.

Sorry about your electric bill, Kathleen.  That suuuuucks.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My electric bill is always around that much!  We're all electric and with 4 kids, and all the critters, it adds up so fast!

My sister and I shopped for 8 hours yesterday so other than a little online shopping this morning, we're not doing anything.  We have 4 extra kids for the remainder of spring break so it's been even crazier around here than usual.

My civil ceremony dress came yesterday and it fits and is gorgeous, but my ballet shoes were too big and had to go back as were the Guess turquoise flip flops I'd be so excited over.  The straps sit almost 2 inches above my foot.  Who the heck did they make these for?  My sister got me a pair at Old Navy yesterday that I'm going to embellish myself.  One more thing to add to the DIY list.  I'm also going to be weaving chocolate organza ribbon through the basket weave totes I got for the BP and I hadn't planned to have to do that, either.

I made the drop back to add to my sister's necklace this morning, but I have no desire to do much of anything else wedding wise.  I'm sitting here trolling TK and eating Reeses.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • It's a lazy day over here. FI has to work all weekend (15 days in a row.... sometimes I get really frustrated with the military) so I'm just hanging out with the kiddos. My youngest son's birthday is Monday, and his party is tomorrow. He's turning 1 and it's so sad!
    Married 6/23/2012 Photobucket
  • I went to the parade but was sad that it didn't show up by us until 20 minutes before I had to leave, and then I was late to work, and now my work hates me. Good thing I have another job lined up starting next week. Same job different place. It will be nice to leave conventions behind for "luxury." Which for the 4th weekend in a row we have a dance convention here....I think it never stops lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This morning, I found out the shower fixture parts we just replaced weren't screwed in tightly enough, and water had just started leaking into the wall. Blah. I was worried, but it turns out to be NBD since we caught it so quickly. It just needs to dry out, then be screwed back in tighter. So, it was a hair-raising moment when I was like "Mold! Walls replaced! New shower installed! $$$!" but now I'm back to calm.

I went shopping with my MIL and we bought tons of plants for the garden, then planted them, and did a few other random yard tasks. I'm so glad I have something to do now (my H has classes on Saturdays) but I'll be glad when the yard projects are done! Next week we need to repair a couple places of our fence.

We're going to meet a dog tomorrow. Finally! I posted weeks ago about trying to adopt a dog. We tried just going to the Humane Society, but didn't find the right doggie there. Now I've found 2 and lined up appointments to meet them. I think tomorrow's is going to be The One, but I know my husband wants to see dog #2, so I'll try to keep an open mind. But cross your fingers for me!
  • We are home from our honeymoon and relaxing, and catching up on DVR

Honeymoon was okay, but we very much didn't care for San Franscisco. Napa was a little too commercial for our tastes, but Sonoma was AMAZING. We spent Thursday wandering SF, and spent too much $ on horrible food. Yesterday we camped out in our hotel room while it poured rain outside. Needless to say we were beyond ready to get home and pick up our dogs today.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards