Getting in Shape
Options

Workout Accountability: Monday

Good morning. 

It rained all day yesterday, so I didn't get my long run in.  I probably should have gotten myself down to the gym to run there, but I was lazy and stayed home.  I did do a kickboxing dvd, but I really should have made more of an effort to go run.  
Today is my rest day.  

Goal for the week: Lose some weight.  I'm so tired of taking two steps forward, and then one step back. 
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Workout Accountability: Monday

• Options
    lizziemc1775lizziemc1775 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Good morning!

It's been pouring here, too, and all I want to do is nap! But the Flyers won, so that is awesome!!!

The only day I got a workout in was Saturday--cleaned the house, did Jillian's No More Trouble Zones, and then did an incline power walking workout on the treadmill.

Tonight I am going to do Jillian's "Six Week Six Pack" video.

I think I am going to try to complete Hal Higdon's Novice Supreme Marathon training schedule. You runners are inspiring me and although I am still slow, I think I can do it. I should be able to run in the Disney Marathon which I am going to sign up for this week . . . I think. Thoughts???

This week's goal--keep up with the H20 intake & lose at least one pound. The scale seems to be stuck.

OH, I made overnight PB+Banana Oats (click) for breakfast. Takes some getting used to, but it tastes yummy!

Have a wonderful Monday!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Good Morning!  I am really ready for this rain to leave.

My iPod apparently ran out of juice this morning, so it turned into an unexpected weight day.  I can't run on a treadmill without music.

I didn't do too badly this weekend, but still not my best.  FI and I tried a Yoga for Athletes video yesterday, which we were shocked to find that we didn't hate.  That might become a new Sunday night routine for us.

Dress fitting is this week, so the main goal is to eat healthy!  I made a ton of healthy food and snacks yesterday, so it shouldn't be too hard.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Good Morning- this is my first workout accountability post, i introduced myself on the sticky a few days ago=)

I worked out on Saturday morning, went to a Turbo Kick class and then Sunday was my rest day and I did well food wise all weekend except for dinner Sun night bc I went out to eat for FI's brother's birthday (i even skipped the cake/goodies at the bridal shower i was at earlier in the day so i could- we went out for Spanish food and I love paella...)

Today my plan is to get in a run(3-4 miles) on the TM and some weight lifting(maybe a P90x dvd).

Have a great day!
  • Options
    This weekend was a slight bust in the workout department.  I'm hoping to do a bit better this week.  Friday I wasn't able to work out because we were traveling.  Saturday I was at a car show which involved a lot of walking so that at least was something.  Sunday was a ton of cleaning and moving around furniture and organizing.  My eating wasn't that great so in the midst of my cleaning last night I threw out any remaining Easter candy and junk that's been sitting around.  
  • Options
    Good Morning...I am so glad I am not where you guys are...sun is shining here this morning :)  But seriously...that Noreaster is no joke- becareful!

I finished week 5 this morning of Ease 2 5K.  I was not feeling it this morning and really thought my first nine minute run was going to be rough but I went right through it!!  I was so excited!!  I also started a new arm workout that I found on pinterest...day 1 and I am not sure I will be able to pick up my pen later today :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I beat the rain this weekend and ran 8 miles on Saturday and 3 on Sunday! I am feeling pretty great about myself! Hehe. I have my dress fitting today, but am going to try to squeeze in 4 miles before this afternoon. If I don't get out of work on time though, it'll become an off day!
  • Options
    Morning!  

Saturday I took a bodysculpting class, and yesterday I went to a 90-minute "hip hop" session - how fun!  This morning we lifted quads & did about 25 minutes on the elliptical.  

My goal this week is to get my DRINKING under control!  It's been so nice the last few weeks and I am so tempted to have a beer or two with my fiance or with my girlfriends.  I like mostly darker beers, so a light beer doesn't really do it for me.  I'm going to go back to not drinking at all since I've felt a little bloated the last couple of days.  

Have a great week! 
  • Options
    I had a pretty successful weekend on the whole (except for a little too much snacking).

Saturday I did 20 minutes on the stairmaster (finally getting my endurance up for it!), and then 30 minutes on the elliptical. I then did 20 minutes of weightlifting and crunches.

Sunday I focused on weightlifting. I stretched first and then did 30 minutes of weightlifting followed by 25 minutes of light biking.

It still seems harder to do weightlifting before cardio for me, but I think I'm just going to mix it up and sort of force my body to adjust.

Also, lost another 1lb and 1 inch off my hips and 1.5 inches off my waist! I'm so excited, I was worried I'd hit a plateau after getting sick and not being able to exercise for a week.
  • Options
    Well it's April 23rd and we're in the middle of a snow storm. Just awesome. Oh and my brother called my last night and told me he's getting deployed at the end of July :( This also means he will miss my wedding. So I'm bumming super hard today. Not a good day.

I got an an hour of cardio on Saturday but I had plans with a friend so I didn't have time to do any lifting. I did do some lifting when I got up this morning. I concentrated on arms and shoulders mostly.

FI and I did our registry yesterday. That was fun until everything got a damper put on it. Happy Monday to me I guess. Hope everyone else had a nice weekend.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Maribeth-  Depending on where he is being deployed....and the accessability of wifi from your ceremony location with iphones having the ability to skype now, someone can skype with him by simply "video taping" your wedding...just an idea. 

But also- please tell him thanks for his service!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This is my first accountability post too. : I did really good this weekend. Yesterday I did a mile run, lifted some weights mostly arms, then did 30 minutes on the stationary bicycle. Today I can only workout on my lunch break, so I'll be doing 30 minutes on the elliptical. My goal is to drink more water and control my eating.
  • Options
    Aww Maribeth, hugs to you!
  • Options
    The weekend was... brutal. Well, Saturday in particular. We had a Beer Darts Tournament to attend.. since we were the defending champions we weren't exactly allowed to sit out. So I ended up drinking.... about 900 calories of beer (for someone who really doesn't drink, that's a lot). Then not to mention the food that was served... delcious beef on a bun... a white bun... lol. All in all, Saturday cost me 3000 calories. I did bring some fruit for me to eat while I was there and breakfast was a healthy 570 calories, so not all 3000 calories were bad, but most of them were. I can't deny that. I feel like I'm still recovering.

So, in an attempt to make up a little bit for Saturday, yesterday went out for a run with FI in the beautiful weather. Today I'm planning on a nice afternoon bike ride to one of our city's outdoor gyms since I don't work until tonight. Should be good!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards