Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Where to purchase alcohol and wine suggestions.

So tomorrow in between picking up my dress and wedding party gift shopping we plan on going to purchase the wine for the wedding. What places offer discounts for buying in bulk? Location doesn't really matter.
I am not much of a wine drinker (I drink Arbor mist...lol) so I am also in need wine suggestions (red and white)  and of course we are on a budget, but I still want it to taste good.
We are also looking to have a signature drink with liquor any suggestions?

Re: Where to purchase alcohol and wine suggestions.

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Big Daddy's.  I think they specialize a bit in parties but most places will give you discounts on buying cases.  I'm no help on wine though--it gives me migraines.
  • Options
    almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think someone in the past bought wine from Sam's club because they accepted returns on unopened bottles.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How much do you want to spend a bottle?

My favorite cheap red is probably Rosenblum Paso Robles and my favorite cheap white is probably La Crema Chardonnay.  But by cheap, I mean $20 a bottle.

I also love Riesling, which is pretty cheap, but it's a sweet dessert-type wine so you have to keep that in mind.

For more like $9 a bottle, I like Menage A Trois, which is a red blend.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FIL likes the Messina Hoff Riesling and I think it's under $10 a bottle.  The Rodney Strong Cabernet Sauvignon too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Sams, Costco, and Goody Goodies. 

Red wine: LOVE Gascon Malbec and Fetzer for white (cheap)
  • Options
    Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought wine and beer at Lone Star Beverages on Josey. It will come up on google. He was the cheapest I could find.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    walmart is usually cheap
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Menage A Trois is a great choice for a cheap red. 

I've heard that because of liquor laws, you don't have to have a membership from Costco or Sams' to buy beer from them.  So we're planning on that route with the exception of our Texas wines.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks Girls I am so clueless when it comes to wine. We have a memebership to both places so that will be easy.

Donna what Texas wines are you using if you don't mind sharing.

• Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our red wine is the Becker Vineyards Claret out of Stonewall (hill country)
    Beer selection will include Shiner and maybe one more Texas beer (St. Arnold's Lawnmower, perhaps)
    Liquor will include Tito's vodka

D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Julie - sulphate free wine, which typically Arentinian wines are, might relieve your migraines. Whole Foods and Central Market have great selections on sulphate free wines.

Ever wonder why kids can drink wine in so easily in European countries? No sulphur.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like Root 1Cabernet for a red. It's about $10 a bottle. I've heard the Root 1 white (I think a Chardonnay) is good as well, but I've never tried it...
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_purchase-alcohol-wine-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:2678b8c4-e456-42b6-96cc-3e9e5138527dPost:81cfda94-c45d-4fc0-95e5-7d868d4e1696">Re: Where to purchase alcohol and wine suggestions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try Sams, Costco, and Goody Goodies.  Red wine: LOVE Gascon Malbec and Fetzer for white (cheap)
    Posted by Mariah09202008[/QUOTE]

I just tried Gascon Malbec last weekend--it is amazing. I cannot remember what variety though...

World Market sometimes has good deals on wines. If you do go the Wal-Mart route, the one in Highland Village has a ridiculous wine selection
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Comal Creek is a "Texas" wine and its really good!   On the side of the label it talkes about the flavor of the wine and what pairs with it.  Very helpful!!  I also think it's on the cheap side under $10 a bottle I think.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards