Getting in Shape

Workout Accountability Tuesday

I can't believe that it's only Tuesday. Feels like the longest week ever!

I DID my workout last night, albeit not without interruptions. I did 30 minutes of cardio (elliptical) and broke out the JM Yoga Meltdown dvd. I wasn't through the warmup when the phone started ringing.

It was the first time I've heard from my mother in over a month. She talked for 15 minutes about how bad her back is and then had to go. I managed to tell her what had happened at work, but not because she asked.

So I hung up and went back to my workout. Got 3/4 of the way through when my son called. They're in the midst of that huricane that worked its way up from Bermuda today, and he was telling me that the schools were closed in advance and was catching me up on his life.

After that I called it a night. I missed the cooldown, but I think I'll survive. I also found the spare key to the fitness room at work hung up in the staff lounge. Now I can make firm plans to use that space as well.

What's everyone up to today?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Workout Accountability Tuesday

• Jenny--way to make it through your workout!

I have been very good with my eating lately and not really craving.  I was going to work out last night, and didn't after I learned that our ASL interpreter was kind of backing out 5 days before the wedding.  I should have worked out anyway, if not just for stress relief.  Today, I'm going to do weights at lunch.  It's my last day of work before the wedding.  EEEE!

Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Morning girls,

yesterday FI and I went for a run, I have been going extra super slow on the C25K program because I am breaking it up with spin class. I think I am taking it too slow because last night I found it just didnt challenge me so when the podcast ended I kept going for as long as I could which felt great.

Running again tonight.

For some reason everything is just falling into place, I am never hungry, never crave bad food I actually have to remind myself to eat now ( which never happened before) my fitness levels are improving quickly...I think finally the effects of my years of smoking are starting to go away ( smoke free over a month and a half now)
    Fingers crossed this stays the same :)

Happy days all
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @fluffernut - how exciting! I hope you have a great rest of your week leading up to the wedding! Don't forget to relax and enjoy yourself.

Yesterday should have been a gym day for me, but the weather was too nice so DH and I went to the park to play some disk golf and took a decently long walk instead. I still got my 10,000 steps for the day, though the cardio wasn't quite what it should have been (I'm actually still sore from body pump over the weekend, so I wasn't too keen on hard cardio).

Tonight I'm going to try to go on a bike ride in the gorgeous weather....I've definitely noticed I'm ever so slightly lazier now that the wedding is over.
  • Souptin - way to go, I am so proud of you for being smoke free for this long! If you can do it for this long, you can do it for life!

I totally missed posting yesterday. Oops. I had a busy weekend with my friend's bachelorette party 5 hours away and all of my homework from the first week of classes. I really need to get some exercise in tonight, my body is telling me that it is missing it. So that's the plan for the evening after school. Eliptical while watching a movie! :)

Food's been decent, except for my late night crispy mini binge last evening. I think it was just because I was so tired. I should have gone to bed instead of eating. Oh well.

Have a good day all!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Final countdown is here!! 5 more days until the wedding and I have ended up losing around 15 pounds since March. I even started to run some 5k races again, as I did in the past before I injured my hamstring a few years ago. With that, eating right, drinking lots of water, and watching my sugar intake, I finally feel good about my body.

My fiance and I  are going to the big Yankees- Red Sox game tonight (Go Yankees!) and my parents come into town on Thursday, so it looks like a long run tomorrow, and a 5k race on Saturday, our wedding Sunday,  then we are off to Antigua on Monday!

Hope you all are doing well with your workouts. This has been a great board to be a part of while on my path to getting healthy. Stick to what you are doing and what you believe it, and believe you can do it. Don't get into fad diets and don't lose your motivation!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hi all! last night i tried out a new step class that started up this semester. i dont care for the teacher or the routines, or really anything about it, except that i burned 500 cals and it was definitely more fun than the elliptical, plus i worked harder than if i had done a cardio dvd at home. so i think i will keep going. that and the boot camp clas on thursday should be a great way to break up the monotony. as for today, i plan on doing some walking later and if i can be not lazy tonight, i might do an xtrain fit dvd. i did the cardio last week but i think i might just do it again.

eating has been great on the weekdays as usual, its the weekends that kill me. the next two we wont be out of town or anything so i think i will do a better job of staying on track. happy wedding week to fluffernut and futuremrsbillyo!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hope you all don't mind me jumping in.  I got married in June and feel like I have been gaining weight since.  Want to get back on track and have a vacation booked to Costa Rica in March.

Today I did about 40 minutes on my elliptical.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yesterday was FINALLY a good day for me.  I ate relatively well, and managed to get a 6 mile run in and some pilates.  My sister brought home red velvet cupcakes, so i did have one of those, but all in all it was a pretty good day!

Today has been pretty average, though i'm debating whether it is going to be a rest day or whether I can motivate myself to get a few miles in.  I'll probably do a few rather uninspired miles!
  • Eating has been good! Getting more veggies and fruits!

I had my walking partner cancel on me so I walked at the gym for 40 mins. I also push mowed the yard and that took about 40 mins as well!

Planning on some intense cardio tomorrow!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards