Getting in Shape
Options

Little moment of happiness...

So around a month ago, I had brought my bridesmaid dress for a friends wedding in to David's Bridal to be altered. Her wedding is this Saturday and today was the day to go pick up the dress. I was a little anxious as I have been losing weight for my own wedding which is in October. I had lost around 10 pounds when I took the dress in to be altered and have lost another four pounds since I dropped it off. I went in today to pick it up and upon trying it on...IT WAS STILL BIG! They had to take it in another inch (about two inches total). The seamstress apologized, but they would have to charge me an additional $35 to alter it today (this is on top of the $50 I paid last time). I told her I was nervous for my own dress fitting in July as I will have hopefully lost around 20 pounds since purchasing my dress...

After she made the necessary changes and I tried the dress on again, she told me there'd be no additonal charge! So...I've lost substantial weight and inches...and David's Bridal gave me a bit of a break in the money department. Win/Win  :)

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

261 Invited image
174 Want to Party image
56 Are Party Poopers image
31 Can't find the mailbox image

Re: Little moment of happiness...

• Options
    Wow that must've felt GREAT!
  • Options
    If you're going to spend extra money (even though that's awesome they're not going to charge you), that's a GREAT reason to! yay!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_little-moment-of-happiness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:35103650-4032-43a3-b975-c1d76526e02ePost:d0aeb38a-eb9e-47e5-a93c-fe38940eabfc">Re: Little moment of happiness...</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're going to spend extra money (even though that's awesome they're not going to charge you), that's a GREAT reason to! yay!
    Posted by misssunshine17[/QUOTE]

I was totally conflicted in the dressing room as she was quickly making the new alterations. I was like "Man, I really don't want to spend another $35, but she's taking it in another inch!" I didn't quite know how to feel haha

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

261 Invited image
    174 Want to Party image
    56 Are Party Poopers image
    31 Can't find the mailbox image
  • Options
    Haha.. yay for you! As much as that would have sucked to pay extra, I think I'd rather pay it for taking it in and not having to let it out ;-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    CH11CH11 member
    First Comment
    Wow, congrats! As a nutritionist I hate the focus on 'numbers' for weight loss. The way clothes fit is a much better indicator. 

Again big congrats and have a great fitting. 

Carlene R.D. Registered Dietitian*Wedding Wellness Nutrition* http://carlenesfigments.wordpress.com/wedding-wellness/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards