Getting in Shape
Options

Tony Horton

Hi ladies! I'm wondering if anyone has tried the 10 minute workout by Tony Horton. If you did, is it good and worth purchasing? Thanks!!
~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary

Re: Tony Horton

• Options
    I haven't, but I don't see much point in a 10 minute workout, unless you're doing 10 minutes 3-4 times a day.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I believe the commercial was that you would do it 3 times a day. With working 10 hours days I was thinking of doing it on the days I can't get to the gym. Maybe once before I go to work, once when I got home and then again maybe later at night. I normally spend 1 1/2 hours at the gym 3- 4 times a week so I was looking for something to do on the other days.
  • Options
    Oh, that's a totally different story then!  You scared me for a second ;)

How much is it?  If it's not cheap and you're not sure about spending the money, look on Craigslist, or try to find some clips on YouTube to check out before you spend.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Just wanted to chime in and say I frickin' love Tony Horton. He says some random/funny things during P90X... Here are my personal favs:

"Like a pterodactyl backing out of trouble" and he 'caws' right after.
    "Don’t go grab a pastrami sandwich"
    “And if you’re having trouble balancing, just find something to put your hand on…like a stool…nephew, niece, uncle…that’s a short uncle!”

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Lol, sounds like he puts fun into those workouts! I wish I could do P90x but I just don't have the time every day. J&K, ya I would think that little of a workout a day would work, just something in between. I think it was $90.
  • Options
    Is it $90 for just one 10 minute workout!? or are there a bunch of different 10 minute workouts?

As much as I heart Tony, I don't think $90 is worth even a few 10 minute workouts. I'd shop around and see what else you can find in the 10-20 minute range for workout DVDs. Do you have Jillian Michaels 30 day shred? There are three workouts, each 20 minutes long. They're great for an 'inbetween day' and it's seriously like $8.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options

I like the 10 minute trainer... you get 6 or 7 - 10 min work outs and a schedule for which ones and when to do them. To be clear, you're supposed to do 2 or 3 a day (I believe it's 3 for best results). The videos are pretty good and they go through the move quickly!
    If you just did 1 video, you likely wouldn't see amazing results; however, if you do a few it's a great workout (especially those like me who get bored easily).
    Hope that helps!

• Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Thanks for the info! I heard Jillian Michaels was really good too. Hmmm, now to decide!
  • Options
    I'm a big Jillian Michael's fan.... so either way you're good. The Jillian videos about about $10 each on amazon (and usually have 2-3 levels on each dvd - ripped in 30 has 4 levels).... so you might get more workouts for less with Jillian's dvds.
    I have had a lot of success with her videos!
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Great thanks! How long do her workouts last??
  • Options
    The 15 min abs video is killer and you can't do anymore than that. If the 10 min videos are like that I would think they are worth it.
  • Options
     am 26 years old and I started Beachbody back in November, I started it with Insanity. Now, I lost 24 pounds and wear a size 5 in pants, now I am doing Chalean Extreme and Brazil butt lift, drinking water, eating right, and drinking Shakeology everyday. This isn't just somthing you should do just to loose weight, this should be a life change. I am a Beachbody coach, help people reach their goals, accountability, online support and motivation. I am have a Beachbody challenge group going on right now that started in Feb 20th of 6 woman. So far they have lost over 30 pounds all together and still loosing. I am going host a Beachbody Bridal bootcamp there is limited spots open and I would love for you gals to join. Visit www.beachbodycoach.com/SAAREW and create a FREE Beachbody profile. When I recieve your information I will call you to help guide you in which fitness challenge pack will work for you and your wallet. Then I will be with you for the next 90 days.
    I truely love what I do, I help people. Please contact me if you have any questions Saarewhite@gmail.com
    Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    I have 10 Minute Trainer - you're supposed to do 3 videos a day - they're just broken up into 10 minute increments so you can spread the workout out throughout the day if that works better for your schedule.  The workouts are actually tough - I'm usually sore after the Total Body and Lower Body workouts, and I've been working out regularly (though perhaps not as hard as I should be) for years.  They are a little on the expensive side, but I'm a fan of the program, and I have a co-worker who just finished her first month and has lost two pants sizes (she's very, very dilligent about her nutrition and does three videos every day).
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    Jillian Michael's videos are mostly 30 min... there are a few that are longer but the 30 days shred, ripped in 30, 6 week 6 pack, and killer buns and thighs are all about 30 min (with warm up and cool down).As of today I'm down 17.5 inches and it's all Jillian!
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Wow, that's awesome!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards