Getting in Shape
Options

Eggs (possibly TMI)

To the ladies who eat eggs, does it have negative affects on your digestive tract? My FI eats hard-boiled eggs when he's trying to bulk up, and it makes his farts so stinky! They're bad!

I've noticed that if I even eat one fried egg at breakfast, my tummy is ruined for the rest of the day. I'm just curious if this has such a bad affect on any other ladies/their FI's?
25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
my currently-reading shelf:
Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
Photobucket
"Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
**FOR SALE NOW**

Re: Eggs (possibly TMI)

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I eat eggs for breakfast almost everymorning - 1 egg, 1/2 cup egg white. I notice no gassy sideeffects.
  • Options
    My FI used to get the worst stomach aches/diarrhea from eggs. Turns out he was just intollerant (like a lot of people are w/ dairy). No eggs, no digestional distress.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Some people are allergic to eggs and can have a variety of responses to them.  My SIL can't eat eggs without vomiting within 30 min.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_eggs-possibly-tmi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:45ce328b-a7ed-4203-a40c-f2ca512e688dPost:28ede341-b1af-40bd-a007-8982fa7e0ed8">Re: Eggs (possibly TMI)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Some people are allergic to eggs and can have a variety of responses to them.  <strong>My SIL can't eat eggs without vomiting within 30 min.
    </strong>Posted by LittleKatie13[/QUOTE]

:( I dont think I coudl live a life without eggs, thats sad.
  • Options
    I find that if I eat plain eggs, I feel sick to my stomach. I don't actually vomit, but I feel like it.

But if I eat an egg sandwich, or eggs plus toast or something like that, I feel fine. It's especially bad if I eat plain eggs on an empty stomach.

Not sure why that is- I wouldn't say I'm allergic since I eat products with eggs in them all the time and I'm fine (breads, etc), it's just something about plain eggs and nothing else in my stomach that doesn't sit well.
  • Options
    That's horrible! I don't know how I would even semi-successfully follow my diet without being able to eat eggs! FI and I eat a lot of egg whites, and haven't noticed any problems - but we do always have something else with them, either a sanwich thin and tomatoes or veggies cooked in the eggs or salsa and tortilla... If you add something else to the eggs does that help? 
  • Options
    FI loooves eggs too but I know he's feeling a lot better when he avoids them. It's kind of sad, though bc he won't ever go out to breakfast with me anymore. He doesn't want to be tempted by gigantic omelettes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_eggs-possibly-tmi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:45ce328b-a7ed-4203-a40c-f2ca512e688dPost:07369a95-cb60-453d-a5bb-fc1ddebb71c3">Re: Eggs (possibly TMI)</a>:
    [QUOTE]My H just always has stinky farts, regardless of what he eats.  I could not imagine not being able to eat eggs. I loves them.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

This absolutely!  FWIW, I don't notice anything either.
  • Options
    AlbireoAlbireo member
    First Comment
    I looooove eggs. But I find that hard-boiled ones sometimes give me the toots. :P
  • Options
    I almost always have the stinky farts.  I eat alot of protien throughout the day eggs included.  It just happens.  All my friends and family is used to it otherwise I justwalk away and blame somebody else.  It happens.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards