Getting in Shape

Kinda Embarassing but...

Alright, I have kind of an embarassing question but I was wondering if anyone else has a problem with this and what they do about it.

I have a pretty big chest and always have even at my thinnest at 120 had DDs. So I just double up on sports bras and tank tops and it usually did the trick. No big deal. If I dont my lower back kills me if I dont stop the "bouncing" during high impact work.

Now I have been doing insanity. I have a moderately sized gut and it "bounces." :( Its been hurting my back. Is there a brace or something anyone is using to reign in the pudge so their back doesnt hurt? I mean I know a lost a few inches, but I have a feeling its going to be an issue for awhile. The tank tops and yoga tops worked fine until I started doing insanity.

Thanks. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Kinda Embarassing but...

• hellebhelleb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Please don't be embarressed :) We are all here to help not judge.  If we weren't all trying to change our body we wouldn't be on here.

I don't remember ever seeing anything on the market. Maybe a tight spandex top, or even spanx?  I think they both would be uncomfortable but maybe it would be worth a shot.  Otherwise Icy Hot is my BFF when it comes to working out.  My FI has called it my new perfume :)

Sorry I couldn't help more :) Just remember to just keep at it.  If the bouncing hurts maybe try something less intense during that time until you feel able to move up to that level? IDK just an idea.
  • Make sure you're keeping your abs nice and tight the whole time, for one thing.  Then, try a compression tank.  Zensah makes a few http://www.zensah.com/women-tops.html and UnderArmor does too.

Old Navy makes compression type workout pants with a foldover top, I keep mine UP because it keeps the pants from slipping down at all, something like that might help too.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I have problems with my lower back when I work out, as well (I have bouncy boobs and a bouncy gut!).  I found that a single, well-fitted top (like a tri-top that can go between swimming and running) that distributes all stresses evenly works best (mine is a Zoot); it eliminated all lower back pain. Straight-up bras just don't do the trick.
  • I keep my abs really, really tight while I am working out. The tighter I make them, the worse the "jiggle" :( Its like this layer of fat on top of my ab muscles that like to jiggle around and I think that is why it hurts so bad. My stretch marks have been getting worse too and I think its from the fat doing a jig while I am working out.

I forgot all about compression tops. I think I am going to go try and find a set tomorrow of a tank and maybe shorts. I have those tight, stretchy yoga clothes but I never thought about belly jiggly before so maybe a size smaller and a compression top will stop the jiggles. I had to take today off my back was just too sore today.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well, if you get a compression top, don't size down.  They're meant to be tight--if you size down it will be uncomfortable and not a good idea.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • mcda04mcda04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Don't be embarassed. I too am a DD, and doing Insanity. It's a workout just to get my fitness gear on. I have to wear a regular bra, a sports bra, and a compression top or a spanx top with a T-shirt. Maybe I overdue it but it actually causes chest pain if they bounce around too much which Insanity does cause with the Power jumps. Good luck with your workout plan. I'm on week 4 and definitely see results.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards