Getting in Shape

hold me to my word!

ok girls, I'm new on this board but I figure maybe if I announce my goals, and have somebody to hold me accountable then I can stick to my fitness plans.  Currently I weigh 190 pounds. yep there it is in black and white, how much weight I've put on. I don't feel attractive or healthy anymore and I need a change. The fiance makes it hard because he's one of those guys that can eat anything, and he still only weighs about 120, and as he says, he'll love me no matter what. we have our engagement photoshoot in Sept, and I'd like to look at least a little thinner by then since the pictures are going on our invites. and I don't want to be a chubby bride. or the chubby girl anymore really.

currently my fiance is overseas and so I plan on taking advantage of the time to get my eating habits back on track, and start working out more. Do you guys have any good tips for me though? I'm not good with strict routines because I have such a crazy schedule, and diet plans are hard because I spend entire days out of the house where I can't go home and cook and so eat sandwhiches and chips all day. at least I've gotten good at avoiding soda and fast food!

Re: hold me to my word!

• Hi!

Check out the sticky at the top of the board, full of great tips from Anna, and join us in our daily (weekdays only, though) accountability threads!
    Anniversary
  • You just said that changing your diet is out and exercise is out. 
    I'm not sure what you want us to hear. 

You need to find a day that you can just.. chop up veggies/fruits, make crock pots of soups, chili, whatever etc that you can then baggie/container individually. Then you have no excuse to eat crapfood on the go since you'll have GOOD food on the go. 
  • LizzyRBLizzyRB member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment

It's really simple... Eat less than you burn. There are several websites you can log the info and also tell you your recommended calories intake to lose X amount of pounds per week.
    If you workout more you get to eat more, if you can't workout a certain day, you eat less that day.

My favorite is http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/ but I've seen other girl mention other sites too. As long as you stick to that calorie goal you'll do great!

Also, agree with PP. I found that making my lunchs and snacks for the week every Sunday helped keep me on the right path.

Good luck!

• LizzyRBLizzyRB member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Sorry, I forgot to add tips like you asked

-Make snacks and meals ahead of time if possible so you can grab a prepared meal in a pinch.
    -Make a grocery list and STICK TO IT. Don't listen to the candy bar saying "buy me." If it's not in your house, you can't eat it.
    -Do as much as you can outside of a gym... Park far away and walk, take the steps, do situps during commercial breaks, etc
    -Don't focus on cardio only, weight training is very important
    -High fiber foods are very filling. Grab some fiber one bars or apples to stick in your purse when you are on the go
    -EAT BREAKFAST
    -Drinking alcohol slows a woman's metabolism so avoid it when you can. I have trouble with this one :)
    -Find a buddy you can workout with or get a trainer. If you know someone is waiting on you at the gym you're more likely to go
    -Chicken breast is your friend. I have found 974629674 different ways to prepare it.
    -Water, water and more water please
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_hold-me-to-my-word?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:498404b9-99ef-4ef1-a009-6a1f72067e13Post:d2e9ece7-a27f-4624-8f5d-c26127cd97b4">Re: hold me to my word!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You just said that changing your diet is out and exercise is out.  I'm not sure what you want us to hear. 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

It's not that changing my diet, and exercise is out. But when I try plans that are really strict I just can't keep up with it, so I get discouraged after I miss a day or two. I really like your idea of finding a day to prepare a bunch of meals and veggies in advance though so I have healthy stuff ready to go with me
  • I can't work on a 'planned diet' either - it makes me binge like crazy, either out of not eating enough or just pure rebellion.

Again - check Anna's sticky, and use a site like MyFitnessPal to track your calories.  You can easily control your own diet with the website showing you your breakdown of calories and total count.  If you do have that day to make and prep a bunch of food then DO IT.  There's nothing better than having a bag of almonds or carrots around when you want a snack, so that you don't hit the vending machine.  Just that one swap alone can do wonders.
    Anniversary
  • Yeah, most of us hear you on the planned diet. I mean.. I plan out my meals, but it's not some "diet" as in "I am dieting using ____" 
    I just have a planned diet in that, I cut up my foods before hand and try to pack my lunches the night before. 
    It makes a world of difference to me. I eat like crap if I don't bring food with me wherever I go, lol. I like to keep a banana and homemade protein bar in the car at all times, a fruit or homemade protein bar, almonds in my gym bag at all times, etc (usually things that don't go badly without being refridgerated since they might sit there for a couple days)

YOu can do it, it'll just take some time to adjust to the new lifestyle, but then you won't feel so stressed about getting in more healthful foods on those busy days. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards