Getting in Shape
Options

Finished my first (and only) half marathon yesterday!

I did it in 2:57:48, which is AWESOME because my goal was 3:30 :-) I purposely did not bring any kind of watch or gps with me, so I had no idea what my time was until I came around the corner and heard that announcer say my name and time.

My gowear fit says I burned almost 4000 calories yesterday though, which is pretty awesome, even if I did eat most of them back..  Really feeling the burn yesterday and today though. Even though I made sure to eat lots of protein immediately afterward, I can barely walk and stairs are impossible without using my arms and the railing... I'm sure if I just keep doing some light exercise and stretching I'll be fine in a day or two.

No more halfs for me though. I've learned that I hate running long distances. I'll keep working on my 5K time, I think :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Finished my first (and only) half marathon yesterday!

• Options
    Congrats on completing the half marathon, that's an awesome accomplishment!
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!  That's a great accomplishment.

Get a foam roller!!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on your first half!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!  I am actually going to start training for my first half this coming week.  Did you run the whole thing?  What was the longest run that you did prior to the race? 

I"m hoping that I can finish in around 2 hours. I'm very scared of what lies ahead for me over the next few months though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards