Getting in Shape

Hello ladies

Hi all!

I am just newly engaged and had joined the Knot when my sister was getting married last year but have not really been on the boards before. Obviously, the wedding will be a ways off, but with summer coming I was super excited to find this board because I've recently been trying to get myself back into my workout routine, which has been nearly non-existent since I started a new job about a year ago. I would like to tone up and drop about 15 pounds...so hopefully this board will help with my accountability!

Looking forward to chatting as we all trim down a bit.

Re: Hello ladies

• Hi, thank you for the welcome! I have boon looking into sites to help track food and exercise, so i will definitely look into your recommendations. one of the girls I work with bought a wristband that measures activity throughout the day that I have been thinking about getting to help with all of that. Otherwise, I used to be very into yoga so I bought a package at the studio I used to go to and am trying to get back in the habit of going after work. I have a kitty, Zoey, who is 5, but no dogs. FI and I met at about 4 years ago when we were both out with friends. We originally dated for 2 years but broke up because he wasn't sure he ever wanted to get married again (he had divorced about 6 months before we met and is about 10 years older than me). After we broke up we did check in with each other from time to time, but didn't really stay in contact. Then about 6 months ago we met for dinner and realized how much we missed each other and here we are :)
  • Thanks! It's definitely working out for the best, and I think we are both in a better place now and more sure of our relationship than we were before...no doubts this time around! I love yoga and would do it every day if I had time, but I really despise running, although I know I have to do it, it takes a lot to get me worked up to a run. I missed my yoga class tonight because I got stuck at work, so I'm going to pop in a DVD and namaste my stress away :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards