Getting in Shape

Fitting didn't go so well! Need help!

Hello all! Thanks for reading my post :) I am a little frustrated at the moment. I bought my dress about 3 months ago and had my first fitting yesterday for my alterations. I now have "back fat!" And the dress is a littel snug in my hip area. What frustrates me is I can NOT eat any better! I do not eat any junk-lots of fresh fruits and veggies and am really watching what i put in my mouth. I am doing the treadmill for about 30 minutes a day and me an FI have been going on 1 hour bike rides in the evening. What is going on??? I do need to mention, I sit at a desk for 8 hours a day with little movement :( I wouldn' t think this would be that  much of an issue if I am supplementing. I have only gained 3 pounds but you laides know- it is "sitting different: Any suggestions?? Thanks in advanced! Oh yes, I have 6 weeks before my wedding!!

Re: Fitting didn't go so well! Need help!

• Ditto kw.  Some additional thoughts - posture can have A LOT to do with back fat, so watch for that.

Also, I empathize with you being at a desk job all day.  Here's some little things I do to keep my metabolism going at that time:
    -walk to people instead of calling or emailing them
    -drink as much cold water as possible.  I think I'm up to about four full size water bottles, just during the work hours
    -eat little snacks with protein every three to four hours.  Eating this way will keep your metabolism moving even when you aren't.

Other thoughts - What and when do you eat now?  Undereating and late night eating are often culprits, as are foods that have a lot more sodium than you think (like bread.) 

Finally, do you do any weight lifting/strength training?
    Anniversary
  • hellebhelleb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I just had a consultation with a personal trainer and she told me that all the "fat free" things I am eating should get thrown away.  I thought I was doing good by eating the fat free dressings, butters and yogurts.  Even milk! She said 2% is better than skim!  I was floored.  She explained that all the "extras" they have to put in the product in order to make it taste good really makes your liver work hard which hurts your metabolism.  So really just watching the calories and portions of the real deal is better than the fat free.  She said lose as much as I can of the processed food.

So thats what I am gonna try to start doing.  I was just thinking that could maybe be a problem for you too.  I THOUGHT what I was eating was healthy but it was really working against me according to the personal trainer.
  • Do you sit at your desk constantly for the whole 8 hours, if so you should try getting up and taking a short walk every hour or so, there are also small exercises you could do in your office.
  • Thanks everyone for your advice! Yes, I sit for the 8 hours but do have an hour lunch so I leave and go to a store or something and just walk around. I did download the My Fitness Pal and wow! I am only suppossed to be eating 1200 calories a day- and I was actually over. Hopefully using this app and being more attentive to the claories I am consumming willl help. I sure hope so! It's getting closer and I just want to feel comfortable. My dress is a form fitting style, I guess you would call it trumphet. I shouldn't have gotten something so well, tight! Not liking my dress right now. I will keep everyone posted and thanks so much for all of your help!
  • What about incorporating toning into your current workout routine? Floor Y-T-I exercises are great for the back and do not require any special equipment. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards