Getting in Shape

Workout Accountability: Tuesday

Good morning!

Last night I ran 4 miles and did some ab exercises.  I wish I had time to bike after, but my apartment was being shown so I had to get home.  Tonight I'll lift and do the elliptical.  

How did everyone else do?
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday

• Morning! I went to spin class this morning. I took yesterday off. It had been about 11 days straight of no rest so I figured it was time. It was freezing this morning, about 16 degrees, and I have had like 0 motivation to work out since I have not been making any progress. I'm glad I made myself get up and go. Hope you all have a great Tuesday!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • i started back with my zumba workout.....after being of for two weeks bc of work schd
  • I attempted to bike at work on one of the spin bikes.

It was hard.  My foot hurt and I tired myself out and got WAY too bored.  I'm definitely more of a runner.  After about 10 minutes I gave up and decided to just rest my foot for a few days.  I'm doing a lot of massages and icing!  Good thing is I've been staying pretty close to on track with MFP.  I went over my calories (not by a lot) yesterday because I drank GINGER ALE.  I guess it's true you CAN really drink your calories.  Good thing I'm usually a water drinker.
  • Good morning!

Last night I did Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism from Jillian Michaels. It was a cardio circuit which I enjoyed a lot. I got a wicked side stitch and had to sit out the last circuit, but overall it was a good workout. Tonight I plan on doing W3D2 of C25K. I never thought I'd be able to get this far in the program, but I am suprising myself.

I injured my right scapula, though, and am having trouble using my right arm. When I was driving into work this morning, I couldn't turn my head to the left without pain. I've had a rotator cuff injury in the past on that side, but I can't think of what I would have done recently to aggravate it. I'm going to lay off the weights and push ups for a few days.

Have a great day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Lbarr - we're polar opposites.  I did 30 minutes on the treadmill yesterday, and actually managed to run for 22 of them.  I get so bored running, and it always makes my knee and acid reflux kick up, so the whole time was basically a giant reminder of why I'm a cyclist.
    I'll probably do at least 30 minutes on my bike tonight, and the winter challenge.

I'm also doing these every morning to help wake up and start my day on the right foot.  Has anyone else done or is anyone else doing the Daily Workout Plan by Back on Pointe?
    http://allyfit.tumblr.com/post/15968075542/photoset_iframe/allyfit/tumblr_lxwus9c3lF1ql2uvy/500
    Anniversary
  • I'd probably be a cyclist if I did a class but I am terrified of classes lol.  The treadmill is incredibly boring past 5-6 miles for me so I always interval train on the treadmill.  Anything more that those miles and I'm outside which is fun for me :)
  • Hi everyone! I took yesterday off to take my future neice shopping for her dress for our wedding. She is 12 and right in the middle of puberty- poor kid! We found a very flattering dress for her that we're all super excited about. I think around 12 was when I started to get really self concisous about my body, and food issues followed shortly after, so I really hope I can be a good role model for her now  and help her stear clear of the challenges I had.

So today, I'm going to kick my ass on the elliptical at the gym. It's getting to be crunch time and I am hoping for 10- 15 more pounds before May 19th!!
  • I took yesterday off (seems to have been a theme!!) so today I did 3 miles on the treadmill and some push-ups & "on the ball ab pike" thingy-ma-jigs. 
  • Good morning ladies!

Last night I went to the Piloxing class at my gym.  I didn't get there early enough to do some running beforehand like I usually do, but considering I've been a lazy bones lately the class was enough.

Today is suppose to be an off day for me, but I'm getting frustrated with work and wedding stuff, so I'm contemplating going to the gym so I can pound out my irritations.

Good job everyone!
  • I totally slacked yesterday because I had so many little things I absolutely had to get done after work (rewriting a contract, sending out a proposal quote etc. etc.) - It was good to get the stuff done but man do I ever feel lazy!

Tonight is gym night and there are NO excuses that will keep me from the gym.
  • Yesterday was a rest day - had classes during the day and worked at night.. Could have done something after work but I just didn't feel like it, not with all this darn snow we're getting here! We've gotten at least 12 inches in the last 24-48 hours!! And it's still snowing!

Tonight, despite the snow, we are going to the gym to start week 5 of C25K and do the weights. Best part of my day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yesterday I only did about 35 minutes at the gym.. 20 minutes of cardio and the rest free weights. I'm going to try to go to a circuit workout class tonight.

We've been diligently working on home improvements- lots of painting (have to do 5 rooms, 2 hallways and a bathroom), installing chair rails, ect. We need to get everything done before March 30th. Over spring break, we're installing new floors! Yay! So, working out is falling down in my list of priorities.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Hi Ladies.  I'm new to this board, but I like the accountability checks.  I Zumba-ed last night and will do weights tonight.  See, now I have to because I have told you I will!  Thanks for the motivation!
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Zumba last night.  That was actually a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to tomorrow night's class.  Tonight I will be doing BBL, pretty sure it's supposed to be High & Tight and Tummy Tuck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I have felt like a zombie most of today as I've been working like a mad woman to finalize my last two chapters for my dissertation. It's all due Friday so my adviser can look it over and give me the green light to send it out to my committee for review. It turns out that my final defense/presentation is scheduled for March 22nd... two days before our bachelor/bachelorette weekend. This is definitely some great motivation to get my research completed, but not so much for the gym since I'm writing furiously for 14-16 hours the past few days.

I had planned to go to Bikram yoga this morning, but chose to sleep in instead since I was up until 3am writing. I have a training session tonight anyway so in a way that was good... 'cause I completely forgot about it until my trainer called me this morning to remind me. So I will end up doing a 30 minute circuit followed by a 3 mile run and then I'll go back to writing. At least it'll be a good stress relieving break right?
    imageimage

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

• I took yesterday off as I usual do on Mondays. Tonight I ran, did lunges, squats, and upper body/abs. Tomorrow is running 3 miles 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yesterday I did level 3 of Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred
    Tonight I did level 3 of Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30

• finally went back to the gym after 4 nights off, did 10 minute warm-up on the bicycle and a 40 min jog on the running track, but skipped the weights.

FI and I are going again tomorrow (we usually don't go Wednesdays) to make up for today's less than stellar effort.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards