Getting in Shape

New to boards

Hey all! I am new to the boards and am getting married in July. I'm trying to shed the baby weight (even though my baby is turning 4 years old next week. ooops!) and also get in shape for the wedding. My dress is a keyhole back so I can't shove my lovehandles into a shaper, they're gonna be on display for everyone to see! EEEEK!

I recently started using myfitnesspal and if anyone is on and wants to add me, my username is Jfavs87. I am currently doing personal training 2 days a week, boot camp style classes 5 days a week, 5 days a week of cardio, and 3 days a week of hot yoga. I spend about 10 hours a week at the gym. My problem isn't finding motivation to go to the gym, I'm fairly in shape an addicted to working out. It's saying no to salty snacks that I'm struggling with. Would love some motivation/accountability to say no to junky foods.

Re: New to boards

• Added you!

Join our daily accountability threads - they've helped a lot of us :)
  • Welcome!!!

I will add you to MFP soon!! Name is not the same as on here. Sorry. Congrats on wedding

Getting Hitches 08/09/2014

• edited March 2013

Thanks ladies!

Kwith, the tea thing is good advice. I love tea but I usually skip it because I live in Seattle and I feel like I'm violating the law if I don't have my morning coffee. And unfortunately, because there's a Starbucks in every single grocery store, Target, and shopping complex in town I feel obligated to stop there and get my drink loaded with sugar and garbage. That's good advice though. I'd probably drop a few pounds just swapping my grande soy vanilla frapp for a tea. I just wish there was a way to make green tea taste like a mochachino! I will also try the timer thing. I know it's all in my head. I lack will power and the timer will probably help.

I will definitely check out the accountability threads. And thanks for all the myfitnesspal adds. It definitely helps to have a cheering squad. I also really like being able to see other people's meals for the day when they have good days because it gives me ideas for tomorrow. I see it and I'm like ooooh that sounds good, and I never would have thought of it on my own, so the more MFP friends the better. And congrats on all you ladies' weight loss so far. Looks like you gals are doing great!  

• I'm concerned about the amount of working out you're doing.  I think tracking is a big thing here, to make sure you're fueling properly.  You're putting yourself at risk for injury, overtraining, and burning out.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Hi and welcome!! 
    I feel ya! A lot of us are gym addicts, too so you will fit in well here :) 
    It's nice to hear someone doing it the right way! 

Yesss.. the salty snacks can get ya... That's why I don't bother keeping chips in the house haha
  • I normally don't keep the junk food in the house. Because my will power is zero. I'm convinced most of my extra weight is water. It's been a weird few weeks food wise. Too many baby showers and birthday parties and junk food filled occasions has thrown me off my game. J&k I totally appreciate your concern! I've been working with a trainer for awhile now and my regimen is approved by her, but it's taken me a long time to build up to it. A lot of beginners do hit that wall and it becomes discouraging. I've done it before and would have loved the warning when I was a beginner. I do have to remind myself to slow down because those body fat numbers and inches coming down is addicting! Also, unrelated, but your signature picture had me laughing literally out loud, not just lol "out loud."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards