Getting in Shape

Engagement Ring while working out

Hello everyone! First post here :)

I'm newly engaged and was wondering what you guys suggest for working out with an engagement ring. I hit the gym after work 5 days a week and I feel nervous about taking it off to leave it in the gym lockers - I do bring my own pad lock so am I just over reacting? On the same token I could leave it at home but then I wouldn't be wearing it all day 5 days a week :(

Do you guys work out with your ring on or off?

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Engagement Ring while working out

• I leave it on while working out and primarily only stick to cardio, I take it off for showers, sleeping and cleaning
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_engagement-ring-working-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:4cf358ad-8693-4291-90b2-752bf751ed6fPost:586fcaa5-472a-4468-b17d-3627c17fed8c">Re: Engagement Ring while working out</a>:
    [QUOTE]On.  If I'm lifting weights with metal bars that could scratch the gold, I wear gloves.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>This. The showers at my gym are "ring proof"--no way I could lose it down the drain. I take it off for swim practices, though, and keep it zipped up in my bag on deck where I can see it.</div><div>
    </div><div>At home, I sleep with my ring on, but take it off for washing dishes and cleaning the bathroom.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards